Film Fuji GS645S

Bobitybob

All-Pro
Name
Bob
My first medium format camera. I'm looking forward to find a few more interesting subjects then these to test it out but needed to check it worked, and it does :clapping:

FUJI GS645S-003.jpg

FUJI GS645S-007.jpg

Fomapan 200, stand developed in R09 and scanned with an Epson V550

No, unfortunately I'm not. Went to wind it on one day and it became stiff, so stupidly I used a little more force and something snapped inside and the winder went slack. When I took it apart I found that there is what appears to be a piece of 'nylon fishing line' attached to the winder that had snapped so it no longer works. I still have it and was going to get it repaired but brought a GA645Zi instead as the cost was more or less the same. May have another look at getting it fixed as I did like using it and the lens quality was great. Just be careful if th winder goes tight.

I got the scans back this morning from the first roll of Portra 400 through the GS645S. Promising results, and the meter seems to be accurate. I only got 14 frames, because I forgot the RF isn't TTL and snapped one frame with the lens cap on. Gotta watch that!

0005.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

0009.jpg

0010.jpg

0014.jpg

I got the scans back this morning from the first roll of Portra 400 through the GS645S. Promising results, and the meter seems to be accurate. I only got 14 frames, because I forgot the RF isn't TTL and snapped one frame with the lens cap on. Gotta watch that!

View attachment 2283
View attachment 2284
View attachment 2285
View attachment 2286
Good stuff, Tony! Keep'em coming :) I'm shooting with my newly acquired Voigtländer Perkeo II (I've had its less sophisticated sibling, the Perkeo I, for a little while now). Hopefully, come December, I'll find some time and leisure to start scanning again - it's a somewhat daunting task every time, especially for colour.

M.

After a couple of years finally got my GS645S repaired.

Rang around a few places and couldn't find anyone who could fix it so I spoke to Fuji UK who put me in touch with a place called the Camera Repair Workshop (Camera Workshop Home) who apparently brought a load of spares from Fuji when they stopped servicing film cameras. The problem was a broken cam which had caused the gears to jam. All fixed and a CLA for £87 so a great result. Unfortunately they can't repair the LCD backs on GA645Zi cameras which is a shame but still hoping something may come up in the future.

Shot from my first test roll ...

FUJI GS645S-1000069.jpg

Kodak T-Max400, stand developed in Rodinal 1:100

Back