Film Showcase Fuji Neopan 100 Acros

Jesse_S

Rookie
My favorite Black and White film. Smooth and contrasty.

KoreaRoll1034.jpg

Busan, South Korea w/Canon Canonet 19

Yes, a really gorgeous film. Nice shot. I'd not have thought of using it at night.

There's more light in that shot than may be apparent at first because of all the street signs. I think I shot it at 1/60s at f1.9.

Modern films are so forgiving, though, that I routinely shoot 100 iso film in dark situations and get good results, but I'm not as concerned about grain in BW photos as in color and it can make for some excellent dramatic contrasts. With my Canonet I can usually handhold down to 1/30s at 1.9 without camera shake as it's a surprisingly heavy little camera.

I think it is a film best suited for night photography as well as day photography. The reciprocity characteristic of this film is such that you do not need any compensation for 2 minutes and only adding 1/2 a stop for 120 seconds to 1000 seconds. Of course, you would need a tripod. Good to try with a neutral density filter(s); one (or even 2) of those Big stops.

This film is quite precious. A bit expensive in 35 mm compared to the Ilfords and no bulk loading. Great look though. I need to try it in some bigger formats.

Below developed in Ilford Ddx.

John S.

River Rocks.jpg

My first use of this film, and my first use of the Lubitel. Scanned with the V600, and I used it's horrible film holders, I am sure this negative did not scan properly at all, I have a lot to learn about scanning properly. Anyhow, my first efforts, it's an ok image and I am very impressed with the toy Lubitel camera.

View attachment 2141
pretty good, and less blurry round the edges than the one I had

Back