Fuji Fuji newbie ... again

kevwilfoto

Regular
Name
Kevin
I pre-ordered an X-E1 kit when they were announced, and it arrived in November. I was non-plussed with the lack of raw support and I found my camera to have a problem with the JPG engine creating files 1/2 the size they should be, so I sent it back.

I immediately missed it, and its replacement arrived two days ago. I can't wait to see what I can do with it this summer!

I'm tempted to get more lenses than just the zoom, but I'm not sure I really need any more than that. Isn't it funny how G.A.S. is universal across all platforms? :)

Not sure I understand this statement.

It's a long & detailed story, but I was finding that my OM-D + PL25/1.4 on JPG FINE would produce files more than double the size of my X-E1 + XF35/1.4, roughly 7-8MB for the OM-D and 3.1MB for the Fuji. I was posting on a different forum at the time, and everyone there though the small files were strange as they would usually get files in the 6-8MB range. Never did find a solution, even with the latest firmware and camera resets and everything.

It's a long & detailed story, but I was finding that my OM-D + PL25/1.4 on JPG FINE would produce files more than double the size of my X-E1 + XF35/1.4, roughly 7-8MB for the OM-D and 3.1MB for the Fuji. I was posting on a different forum at the time, and everyone there though the small files were strange as they would usually get files in the 6-8MB range. Never did find a solution, even with the latest firmware and camera resets and everything.

IC

A lot depends also on content of the file, even on fine mode, u maybe in the high 3 to low 4 mb range if the picture has a lot of white or black in the picture content for example. The more info that is repetitive in nature, the more the compression algo can make file smaller. In general though my fine size jpgs are between high 5 to low 7 mb if memory serves me correctly.

Anyway good luck w/ this one.
Gary

Back