Fuji Fuji on the move

I predict (not really a prediction because that's what Fuji themselves said in the press release) that the XC35/2 will be identical to the XF35/2 in optics, and will be a very warmly welcomed lens for kits and such, by newcomers. Those already into the Fuji system probably carefully consider the XF35/2 because of its quality properties. Or perhaps might I even see slightly increasing demand for the superb 35/1.4 now that the XF/XC 35/2 is "just kit optics"?!

I predict (not really a prediction because that's what Fuji themselves said in the press release) that the XC35/2 will be identical to the XF35/2 in optics, and will be a very warmly welcomed lens for kits and such, by newcomers. Those already into the Fuji system probably carefully consider the XF35/2 because of its quality properties. Or perhaps might I even see slightly increasing demand for the superb 35/1.4 now that the XF/XC 35/2 is "just kit optics"?!

the 14R has a slightly different rendering and obviously f/1.4 aperture, but it’s AF odd noticeable slower and noisier than the XF.

for most people, the difference between f/1.4 and f/2 odd not going to be the deciding factor. Those other qualities will.

i actual predict the opposite, and see the 1.4 being relegated to The Who caress pike until Fuji updates it possibly with a new version of they go f/1.2 our f/1.

It will be interesting to see how the X-T200 and XC 35 f2 are received. While neither are for me, I hope they do well. Likewise the X100V and X-T4. If the X-T4 sells well, hopefully there will a load of gently used X-T3s show up on the market at reasonable prices. Fuji unfortunately doesn't make my camera: a body the size and heft of the Panasonic GX9, a bright EVF in the corner, tilting screen and weather sealing, and APS-C sensor. Even if the X100V is weather sealed, I don't think I want to switch full time to a single focal length.

It will be interesting to see how the X-T200 and XC 35 f2 are received. While neither are for me, I hope they do well. Likewise the X100V and X-T4. If the X-T4 sells well, hopefully there will a load of gently used X-T3s show up on the market at reasonable prices. Fuji unfortunately doesn't make my camera: a body the size and heft of the Panasonic GX9, a bright EVF in the corner, tilting screen and weather sealing, and APS-C sensor. Even if the X100V is weather sealed, I don't think I want to switch full time to a single focal length.

Don't forget about the digital teleconverter!! I've seen the results first hand and I am impressed with the Fuji implementation. I tried to use it on the Olympus cameras but was unimpressed.
However, Fuji seems to have figured out how to make it work.

The X100F then gives you 35mm, 50mm and 70mm field of view. This can also be used when the optional optical teleconverters are attached giving you a 72mm and 100mm field of view. The major downside, though us that it is only available in JPG.

That is one of the reasons that I'm still contemplating getting an X100F.

Don't forget about the digital teleconverter!! I've seen the results first hand and I am impressed with the Fuji implementation. I tried to use it on the Olympus cameras but was unimpressed.
However, Fuji seems to have figured out how to make it work.

The X100F then gives you 35mm, 50mm and 70mm field of view. This can also be used when the optional optical teleconverters are attached giving you a 72mm and 100mm field of view. The major downside, though us that it is only available in JPG.

That is one of the reasons that I'm still contemplating getting an X100F.

Completely forgot about that. I shoot JPG the vast majority of the time anyway.

Now, I wonder if have $1,500 worth of pennies in my sofa?

I predict (not really a prediction because that's what Fuji themselves said in the press release) that the XC35/2 will be identical to the XF35/2 in optics, and will be a very warmly welcomed lens for kits and such, by newcomers.

DPreview just posted their video review comparing both lenses and Chris confirmed they are optically the same based on their tests. Great news for new entry level users that won’t miss the aperture ring and WR.

Fuji unfortunately doesn't make my camera: a body the size and heft of the Panasonic GX9, a bright EVF in the corner, tilting screen and weather sealing, and APS-C sensor.

Perhaps we’ll see that sometime this year with the X-E4, minus the weather sealing. They will likely only reserve that for the higher level XT and XPRO lines.

We will never see this but I would instantly buy an X70 body with a 24 mp sensor and the 23 f2 lens from the x100 series. I love the size and ergs of that camera but 28 was just the wrong FL for me.

Perhaps we’ll see that sometime this year with the X-E4, minus the weather sealing. They will likely only reserve that for the higher level XT and XPRO lines.
An X-Pro2 with the same screen as an X-T2 would pretty much check all the boxes for me. Never gonna happen, I know. Perhaps I'll look into the XP3 in a year or two. I typically buy previous generation cameras when I can find them gently used and at a significant price reduction.

An X-Pro2 with the same screen as an X-T2 would pretty much check all the boxes for me. Never gonna happen, I know. Perhaps I'll look into the XP3 in a year or two. I typically buy previous generation cameras when I can find them gently used and at a significant price reduction.
I love what I get with the back screen on my XT3. Up and down and the the right, all within a compact swivel.

After shooting some with the XT3, while consciously keeping an eye on my usage of the backscreen, I arrived to the conclusion that the X-Pro3 will not be for me. Which is fine, the X-Pro2 is technically just as capable. Only that I can't get it in silver :(

Back