Fuji Fuji Out of Warranty repair prices and/or parts availability

The_Prof

Rookie
Okay, this is somewhat embarrassing...

Just bought a shutter cable release for my relatively new X10 today. Had it for less than an hour when I accidentally put too much stress on it, and managed to snap off the whole shutter release assembly. :(

As far as I can tell looking at it, the only actual damage is to the plastic collar that holds the shutter button assembly in place; it appears to be held in the body by four pins, and two of the four have snapped off. I put it back together and took a couple of pictures, and everything appears to still work, but the collar keeps popping out, along with the shutter button and the spring.

I don't expect it to be covered under warranty, but would anyone have a guess how much Fuji would charge to fix it? Alternatively, does anyone know if the collar is sold as a repair part? If it just snaps in, it looks like I could replace it myself - although I'd have to either find some way to get the remaining bits of pin out of the body holes where they're stuck, or else live with them rattling around inside the camera.

Call Fuji Service in New Jersey and ask for Steve (1.800.800.3854). He's always been super to me, and I'm sure he could be a big help. Somehow, I think they have a lot of X10 parts . . . . .

Call Fuji Service in New Jersey and ask for Steve (1.800.800.3854). He's always been super to me, and I'm sure he could be a big help. Somehow, I think they have a lot of X10 parts . . . . .

Ditto on the great service from Fujifilm in Edison, NJ. Had to buy a fairly obscure thumb pad for my X-10; they had it in stock and shipped immediately. Super people to deal with!

I called them yesterday; unfortunately, didn't get the name of the person I talked to. He said that he couldn't really give me any idea on price, parts, etc. without sending it in... so I sighed, and sent it in yesterday.

Now I wish I'd waited a day. (sheepish look) Oh, well.

That shutter button is pressed together. The pins your talking about don't just snap off and the entire top cover would be replaced. That shutter button is not sold as a seperate part,and, even if it was you would'nt be able to replace it yourself.
Good Luck
Steve

Ah, OK. Obviously one of those cases where things look simpler than they actually are. :)

Thanks for the update! Looking - well, not exactly looking forward to finding out how much it's going to cost, but at least looking forward to getting it taken care of.

Back