Fuji Fuji release new app finally

So I just updated the firmware of my XP3, pairing the camera to my smartphone (Samsung Galaxy Fold 4) worked not only absolutely flawless but was also very fast. I only did some quick test shots using the remote function, which again worked essentially without delay.

There are some sad news though for users of older cameras:
The new app indeed only supports the very latest X-Trans V, X-Trans IV as well as the GFX 100S and 50S II cameras. Cameras with previous engines like the X-T2, X-E3 or GFX 50R aren't supported.

Got a message this afternoon in the app that new firmware is available for the X100V while I was out and about. Postponed updating the firmware until I got home and that went fairly smoothly via the app on my iPhone. Some new features are added to the X100V, but they mainly concern communication between camera and smartphone or PC, not really interested in those. In fact I probably won't use any of the new features.

So far so good
957BA737-842E-48BD-8581-13EB856C0316.jpeg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Good they are sorting this out - at least that's what I'm hoping. I didn't like I was forced to fully enable location settings just being able to use the app - it should've been an optional setting for people who actually want to use the geo location setting.

Good they are sorting this out - at least that's what I'm hoping. I didn't like I was forced to fully enable location settings just being able to use the app - it should've been an optional setting for people who actually want to use the geo location setting.
It doesn't look like that is what they are sorting out, though! :( It appears that it is "a display problem". Based on the Reddit discussion it sounds like some Samsung users in particular only got a black screen on their phones when starting the app. Given that the older "Camera Remote" app also requires the location setting turned on all the time, I wouldn't expect them to change that for the new app.

I am mightily offended. Does the entire continent of Africa simply not exist at all? Are there zero Fuji camera users anywhere in Africa?
Wow. Look at the location zones offered from their drop down menu once you have installed the app. Every corner of the universe
seems to be covered, excepting that big blob that is AFRICA

(unless I am missing it? in which case, point me to the correct place - apart from "other countries")

I wrote this to the Fuji group on Facebook. They clearly neither understand tongue-in-cheek comments,
nor do they have any sense of humour and most importantly, they disallow anything other than shining happy praise
So; they have declined it and it will not appear on their group page - :D :D :D

Admin declined my post Fuji SA.JPG

I am mightily offended. Does the entire continent of Africa simply not exist at all? Are there zero Fuji camera users anywhere in Africa?
Wow. Look at the location zones offered from their drop down menu once you have installed the app. Every corner of the universe
seems to be covered, excepting that big blob that is AFRICA

(unless I am missing it? in which case, point me to the correct place - apart from "other countries")

a mighty big blob, especially if you consider its real size 😉

IMG_4105.jpeg

Back