Fuji Fuji Shows 10-24mm f/4 OIS, 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 OIS, and Zeiss X Mount Primes at CP+

Amin

Hall of Famer
DC Watch (Japan) reported on two new Fuji zoom lenses and two Zeiss primes for Fuji X mount being displayed at the Fuji booth at CP+

The lenses shown were as follows:
-Fujifilm XF 10-24mm f/4 R OIS
-Fujifilm XF 55-200mm f/3.5-4.8 R LM OIS
-Zeiss Planar 32mm f/1.8 T*
-Zeiss Distagon 12mm f/2.8 T*

See images of those lenses and more from the Fuji CP+ booth here: Google Translate

via 1001 Noisy Cameras

Not sure what the point of a 32/1.8 is, when we have an excellent 35/1.4.. Looks like they made it for the NEX market & just changed the mount for us Fuji shooters..

It would have to be a very special lens to sell to Fuji users. Supposedly the Sony 35/1.8 OSS is a good lens as well.

Similar focal length but an f1.8 vs f1.4 ...in most cases even such a relatively small aperture change can mean a significant reduction in overall lens size. Could certainly appeal to those who want a more compact "fast 50"...to pair up with the more compact X-E1 perhaps ?

Could cause a bit of stir if its a quick to focus lens as well !

(Not a Fuji shooter just yet, merely a very interested onlooker)

I would hope that the Zeiss is technically even better than the 35/1.4. I hope it has a good fast and silent AF motor. If it's going to cost $1000+, it better be very good.

Good to see you here Joe!

Thanks Armando.
I know many of the folks here from SC and Mu43 and I know this will be a good source of reliable and balanced opinion/review...perfect for someone like myself looking to perhaps get a foot into the X system.

It's good to be here :)

Just got an XE1, perfect timing! Regarding Zeiss and small lenses...do they exist? I have a 28mm f2.8 C/Y mount...it's not exactly small for the aperture/focal length/sensor size.

My experience too - modern Zeiss lenses tend to be largish. The Zeiss ZF 35/2 is huge for a 35/2, the ZM 35/2 is bigger than the Summicron, the 25/1.8 for NEX is bigger than some comparables, etc. But all of those are great lenses.

+1, Zeiss lenses tend to be bigger esp new dslr versions though they managed to make a small and excellent full frame lens for RX1. New Fuji zoom also is not light at 590g.

My experience too - modern Zeiss lenses tend to be largish. The Zeiss ZF 35/2 is huge for a 35/2, the ZM 35/2 is bigger than the Summicron, the 25/1.8 for NEX is bigger than some comparables, etc. But all of those are great lenses.

+1, Zeiss lenses tend to be bigger esp new dslr versions though they managed to make a small and excellent full frame lens for RX1. New Fuji zoom also is not light at 590g.

That's true (doh). I owned (very briefly) an RX1 over the New Year for vacation. It's a small 35mm f/2 (the whole thing is about the size of a Panasonic GX1 with the 25mm f1.4) and it's very nice in rendering and detail.

Zeiss lenses might be bigger than their counterparts, but the 32/1.8 doesn't seem much bigger than the 35/1.4. If it's built like a ZM, it'll be a tank.

Agreed.....I love ALL my ZM lenses.......but the XF 35/1.4 will be hard to beat.......especially for the price.

I would not think so Fuji makes some pretty amazing lenses, maybe 50 years ago Zeiss would be better but not generally anymore
I would hope that the Zeiss is technically even better than the 35/1.4. I hope it has a good fast and silent AF motor. If it's going to cost $1000+, it better be very good.

Good to see you here Joe!

I would not think so Fuji makes some pretty amazing lenses, maybe 50 years ago Zeiss would be better but not generally anymore

I don't have much experience with Zeiss' AF lenses (I guess they were all made by Sony). But the lenses in M mount have been pretty darn good. Even the ZM50 Sonnar is pretty darn good in its own quirky way.

In the old days Hasselblad used Zeiss lenses since the intro of the 645/H2-H5 to present day models they have all been Fujinion lenses

Updated schedule for Fuji lenses in 2013

From DPR:

Just got this bit from the Joint PhotoImaging Enterprises Association International journal (March 18, 2013). It is a paid subscription journal from Japan.

Fujifilm has delayed the launch of four XF lenses 56mm f/1.4; 10-24mm f/4; 23mm f.1.4; and 27mm f/2.8 pancake lens. The 23mm and 27mm lenses will be available in the summer 2013, while 56mm and 10-24mm lenses will be available at the end of 2013. 55- 200mm f/3.5-4.8 lens will be available in May 2013.

Also, for size comparison, below is a photo from the Focus on Imaging show in the UK with the 10-24mm (middle), 23mm (left) and 56mm (right)
(Photo credit to Wex Photographic)

IMG_0092.jpg

Back