Fuji to Produce Covid19 Vaccine in US

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
A blurb from Chemical &Engineering News:
"The US government will pay $265 million under its Operation Warp Speed program to reserve capacity for manufacturing COVID-19 vaccines at Fujifilm Diosynth Biotechnologies’ facility in College Station, Texas. The government has a similar agreement with Emergent BioSolutions in Maryland. Fujifilm says some of the capacity will be allocated to the vaccine being developed by Novavax. Fujifilm recently signed a deal to manufacture the Novavax vaccine in Morrisville, North Carolina, for clinical trials before transferring production to Texas. "

I wonder if there'll be any controversy around Fuji like there was with the Kodak deal...

It sure seems like some Kodak executives were involved in some insider trading....lining their own pocketbooks.....

It’s not surprising that film companies would turn into some kind of chemical companies. The difference is that Fuji has been doing pharmaceuticals for a while now and are not just being opportunistic.

Yeah, as much as I have a soft spot for the "old"/original Kodak - the new "Kodak" (or whatever entities are using the name now) seems quite peculiar...
I remember when they announced that crypto-currency mining device... (which apparently was another company just using the brand name - but it's the Kodak management that didn't see an issue with that kind of licensing deal...)

Last edited:
(which apparently was another company just using the brand name - but it's the Kodak management that didn't see an issue with that kind of licensing deal...)
I think brand licensing and IP licensing is really the heart of Kodak's business these days; until the announcement about them now all of a sudden getting into pharmaceuticals I had thought they were more-or-less out of the "manufacturing" industry.

Back