Fuji Fuji Warranty Work??

Isoterica

Hall of Famer
Has anyone had to send their x100s in yet? The LCD on mine is behaving strangely from when I first received it. I used to be able to turn the camera on and boom.. image on the back screen. Now it turns white and takes several seconds to darken and show me what I should be seeing. If I am inside the house or in the dark the LCD image comes in immediately but outside even on a cloudy overcast day and it takes several seconds. It was my belief that this camera was supposed to be fast, not a turn on and wait item which is what I told the man I spoke to at Fuji NJ. He was about as dispassionate as a person could be. Told me to reset the camera, I did, went outside and still got white screen. Even if I let the camera choose all the settings on full auto allowing it to adjust for the light itself.. I have to wait through several seconds of white. He said I was still in warranty and could send it in at my own cost and they would look it over but the way he said it.. lets just say the entire conversation reflected a man completely disinterested in customer service. I figured he would set me up then and there and he just told me to go online and print my own stuff. Has anyone else had to send their camera in and how was the experience.. what were the results? I don't think I really have a choice but I have the feeling they are going to shrug it off and tell me the camera is fine. They're already onto the next models. Fine doesn't mean a camera that used to be instant suddenly takes several seconds to warm up. Help?

Sounds like one bored jerk might be ruining an otherwise pleasant-enough experience. I would think that since they're still writing updates for the X100, Fuji (read: the company, not some jerkwad in Jersey) are still very much interested in keeping X100S owners happy. Just a blind guess, though, and I'm curious to hear how it works out.

..So they received it on Thursday the 24, have gotten no confirmation (other than checking my UPS tracking) from them or notification that they are looking at it. Any idea how long it takes before you get an email response?

I imagine there's a small qeue of cameras in for service, and it's been placed into said qeue. A confirmation email would go a long way towards making you feel better, though.

I recently had my E-M5 repaired under warranty by Olympus in Australia. I posted the camera to them with a description of the fault. My postage tracking number showed that it arrived, they had it in the workshop for about 2 days, and 6 days after I had first sent it away I had it back again. At no point in the process was there any dialogue. It felt a bit weird not having a ticket number or confirmation but the system obviously worked as it should.

Kristen, I wish it were the way you do. Frankly, it only makes sense that when you ship a precision piece of equipment (costing several hundred to several thousand dollars) to someone for repair that having them let you know it arrived and maybe even giving you a rough estimate for a return date would be the least you can ask for.

although I have to say that my only repair request matches Nic's above. I bought a used lens and it arrived with a loose barrel on the camera mount end. The lens was hard to find and no longer in production. The previous owner claimed to know nothing about the fault, but said they would pay for the repair depending on the cost. I spent $60 shipping it insured and never heard a peep from the repair center. I was just about to send an email asking it's whereabouts, when it arrived in the mail......no charge....no email.... and good as new.

Maybe the cost of human contact has become so expensive that we are to just ignore it and settle for impeccable service without any emails. But it sure freaking feels weird. By the way, I have nothing but nice things to say about Sigma service.

@ Nic & Luke, Thanks I'm going to keep my fingers crossed that they are so efficient that I won't hear a word and maybe see the camera soon. Tomorrow will be a week. Maybe if it's under warranty they don't feel the need to contact the customer, not sure. If it works properly when I get it back, while I don't like the whole silent process of things, I will be happy. I miss it even though I haven't been able to use it as much lately. When I do want to it's not there. My little Canon works like a champ but this coming semester my daughter will have it so..

I had to send my X100 in for a lens assembly replacement, and they had the camera back in my hands in six days. When I called them, they sent me a postage paid heavily cushioned box to send it in, so that cost me nothing. I'm in the UK, so have no idea about the standard of service in other countries, but I was very happy with the way the dealt with me.

Hope it goes well for you.

Colin.

I had to print out a form online and then box and pay my own shipping out of state, it was like.. 27$ insured and tracked via UPS. I would have thought warranty work would have been covered and expected the transaction to be handled when I had called but the guy on the phone said go to the web site, print this form and ship it. Didn't even tell me where on the site, I just found it. I am hoping I just see the camera arrive and repaired, soon, but this silence is killing me. Thanks Colin.

I have nothing, sadly. I went here.. Fujifilm [United States] and then printed this FUJIFILM Repair Form after I filled it out. It says if it goes to NJ it can take longer than the 5-10 days, and ironically I have an authorized service center not far away however the guy on the phone said send it to NJ because only the mfg. is doing the X100 repairs currently.

Back