Fuji Fuji Warranty Work

Isoterica

Hall of Famer
Has anyone had to send their x100s in yet? The LCD on mine is behaving strangely from when I first received it. I used to be able to turn the camera on and boom.. image on the back screen. Now it turns white and takes several seconds to darken and show me what I should be seeing. If I am inside the house or in the dark the LCD image comes in immediately but outside even on a cloudy overcast day and it takes several seconds. It was my belief that this camera was supposed to be fast, not a turn on and wait item which is what I told the man I spoke to at Fuji NJ. He was about as dispassionate as a person could be. Told me to reset the camera, I did, went outside and still got white screen. Even if I let the camera choose all the settings on full auto allowing it to adjust for the light itself.. I have to wait through several seconds of white. He said I was still in warranty and could send it in at my own cost and they would look it over but the way he said it.. lets just say the entire conversation reflected a man completely disinterested in customer service. I figured he would set me up then and there and he just told me to go online and print my own stuff. Has anyone else had to send their camera in and how was the experience.. what were the results? I don't think I really have a choice but I have the feeling they are going to shrug it off and tell me the camera is fine. They're already onto the next models. Fine doesn't mean a camera that used to be instant suddenly takes several seconds to warm up. Help?

I've had work done at the Fuji center in NJ, to remove dust in the OVF on my X100. However, I went in person to drop it off rather than mailing it in. They covered the repair and just had to fill out a simple form at the desk. All I paid for was return shipping (so I wouldn't have to make a second drive to Edison to pick it up).

I don't think that's normal behavior if it's taking several seconds to adjust, though I have seen similar behavior before where it takes a moment for the X100S to adjust to bright sunlight. If it's really taking several seconds and isn't how it performed when you first got it then I'd be concerned.

You might try turning on/off High Performance Mode also just to be sure that's not a factor.

That's where I will be sending mine. I don't think it's normal either. If it takes a moment that is one thing, 5-7 seconds is another. Particularly since this is a change since I've gotten it. I just hope they are honorable about repairing it.

I set everything to auto giving it the opportunity to choose what light it allowed in because I tend to shoot wide open a lot and it still had LCD lag. It's definitely light related but abnormal behavior.

Yeah, sounds like it's worth sending in. They were pleasant enough when I dropped mine off, and they did take care of the issue under warranty. Hope you have a good experience.

Back when I called about the "orbs" on the x10 (which never bothered me but what the heck it was going to be covered) the fellow that answered the phone was not Mr. Customer Service, however the whole sending it in and getting it back was all done very well and promptly. Some of these guys are probably just more techie types than customer service types...maybe?

Thanks guys. I did send it off and I hope the experience is as good as yours have been. I just have this feeling they will say it's either nothing or I somehow damaged the camera. It doesn't have a scratch on it though it does have a GGS LCD cover on it.

is there a direct email or phone number for the NJ office? and i'm hoping they don't direct me to the miami location again.

edit: nvm. i got to someone.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

oh, i'll eventually be sending it in for evaluation for the d-pad. my 'right' and 'up' keys have gotten worse (stays down at the bottom of its travel). 'down' is almost as bad. 'left' has a slight tactile feel (it comes back up), but still not good enough.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

Back