Fuji Fuji WiFi & X-E2... Is it just me who is an idiot??

ImageNation

Rookie
Name
Rob
Despite, or rather because of , going all the way back to C/PM and really early UNIX,I am a Mac User today (at least personally).

Who what it who conceived the Fuji WiFi Interface? This was not conceived in a rose petal covered divan........ more live a quick knee trembler up some side strreet of the Ginza.........

It is AWFUL, REPETATIVE, COUNTER INTUATIVE and just moves jpgs?

Apart from the observation that this is what Bluetooth was created for (Yes I know file transfer under Bluetooth in IOS 7 is not easy) but well designed workflows are never easy to put together.

Assuming that WiFi is what we have to deal with (anyone thought of using a dongle off the usb port or even HDMI (it supports ethernet and serial streams)......

Why can somebody not simply design a simple interface to select pictures and transfer them. (If you wanted to be really clever you could run the transfer via Drop Box) or give the option for deferred transfer when reaching home/studio etc.

It has been done before, there are enough solutions for canon..........

The problem (I think) is that Fuji is in a smartphone/facebook focussed rut. An app that lets you easily move and share your latest happy snaps is one thing, but the X-System is not aimed at the happy snaps demographic?

The difference between Good Software and Bad Software is usually product/project management. These apps smell of letting the code kiddies create the product.........

Anyone who has ever done this stuff to pay the mortgage knows what a recipe or disaster that is?

In Photographic terms, it would be giving you techie friend a top of the line superzoom (Sony HS10??) or RX IIM etc and say here go and shoot my wedding, I don't need a wedding photographer...........

The only consolation, is that being Fuji they will eventually get it right...... Since it will be a while till they get a second cardslot in the camera, and API would be nice because there are plenty of small Wifi/Flash lashups (plus Raspberry Pie Solutions), that could synch your card in the camera to another device in your pocket in the background.......

Here Endeth the Rant!!!

There are some technologies that will never die,things like the wheel, a baseball bat, and UNIX........... (in its myriad forms, even Solaris!!)

Hmm, as a Bumper sticker blurb, this needs some work!

The problem (I think) is that Fuji is in a smartphone/facebook focussed rut. An app that lets you easily move and share your latest happy snaps is one thing, but the X-System is not aimed at the happy snaps demographic?

You are probably right, most X-System photographers are not of the happy snaps/facebook demographic, but that's not to say it won't be used periodically.

The interface may be lacking but the app does work, and having spent over a grand on an excellent camera, why would I want to use a crappy smartphone to take pictures, even for the likes of Facebook?

Yes, It does.

It is the Business Analyst in me that smells an app that was written to do the very least.......

(And I know I am being pedantic) But this is more likely to be used with an iPad, but the app has no iPad optimization. It is just that there are some really nifty apps out there for Canon, Nikon, Even Panasonic.

What I should do is to buy an X-T1 and try the remote control app......... I just can't get my wife to see the vital importance of doing so......... (Irony)

Back