Fuji Fuji X-70: Some more pics and thoughts

Spode

Veteran
About 10 days since my last blogpost, here are some more pics and impressions of this little beauty: Fuji X70: Continuing Review

DSCF3231-Edit.jpg

DSCF3246.jpg

This is really useful stuff.
I'm still not going to jump, though. I took my Ricoh GR with me last Sunday alongside my XPro2 and I can see myself doing that until the GR replacement comes along. There are four factors that sway me in favour of the GR.
Size - GR is smaller
Touchscreen - GR doesn't have one
Tilty screen - GR doesn't have one
Monochrome - I can't replicate the GR HiBW mode with another camera, or in post, to save my life.

So, I'm sticking, still. I like to read favourable reports of the X70 - it is all the Fuji imaging virtues in a small package - but it ain't for me.
41519348.4ac8ae06.1600.jpg

London Photowalk April 2016 GR Mayors Office 1
par Lightmancer, on ipernity

There are four factors that sway me in favour of the GR.
Size - GR is smaller
Touchscreen - GR doesn't have one
Tilty screen - GR doesn't have one
Monochrome - I can't replicate the GR HiBW mode with another camera, or in post, to save my life.

Horses for courses. Two of your "sway factors" go the other way for me: I'm seriously considering the X70 because of the tilt screen and touch focus capability. I used the HiBW mode with the GRD III and IV and never warmed to it; would rather use the capabilities of Silver Efex Pro to do monochrome conversions. Size is a wash for me.

My decision will be based on whether I can really get a lot more out of the X70 than my Coolpix A. Using more than the normal amount of GAS restraint of late, so by the time I decide whether to go X70, its price may have moderated.

Back