Fuji X-E1 + 18-55 Kit Lens Goes To Broadway

Mikey

Veteran
Took my Fuji X-E1 to Broadway with the sole intent of putting the 18-55/2.8-4 kit lens to the test.

I was forced to take my first shot of our friendly waitress with the 35/1.4 due to the dismal restaurant lighting. The intention was for a soft portrait but I may have had some camera shake as well. Still need to get used to not having any IS with the primes.

1939-olive.jpg

Switched to the 18-55 after dinner. Portrait of the wifey on the Red Steps..

1938-red.jpg

Quick daytime shot of Times Square (I know it doesn't look nearly as interesting compared to night shots of the locale)

1944-cohan.jpg

Went to watch Once the Musical on Broadway (Love TKTS btw) and my wife wanted to snatch some autographs after the show from the awesome cast.

The 3 vamps from the cast...
1943-erikka.jpg

1940-katrina.jpg

1941-joanna.jpg

A candid moment from the lead...
1942-guy.jpg

No trip to Broadway and Times Square is ever complete without snatching some night shots..

1945-broadway.jpg

1936-times.jpg

1937-subway.jpg

Loving the Fuji X-E1 and "kit" lens. Nuff. Said.

Did you mean Once? :)
You know, I've been in the East Coast more than a decade, and I've never been to the Statue of Liberty or to a Broadway show (both definitely in my to-do list even before I knew I was coming here)? Thanks for the shots - definitely among those that convinced me to hold on to my zoom. ;)

Did you mean Once? :)
You know, I've been in the East Coast more than a decade, and I've never been to the Statue of Liberty or to a Broadway show (both definitely in my to-do list even before I knew I was coming here)? Thanks for the shots - definitely among those that convinced me to hold on to my zoom. ;)

Hehe... I did mean Once. Sorry for the typo. :p (fixed my post)

I lived in East Village myself for a year in '06 but never got around New York until I left the place. Now my wife is in Queens and when I'm over, we often find things to do in the city.

Glad I played my (small) part in convincing you to keep this awesome zoom. :D

Back