Fuji Fuji X-E1 and X-Pro1 $200 price drop

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
The Fuji X-E1 and X-Pro1 had a $200 price drop on body and body/kit lens combos

Here's a link to B & H, but these should be available from any US retailer........ Fuji x| B&H Photo Video

They are also offering additional rebates of $200 to $300 on various primes when bought at the same time as a body. If you've been on the fence about diving into the Fuji MILC pool, they're pushing you in now.

It's a great to time buy a Fuji system with these stackable discounts. $200 off the body plus $200-300 off each lens purchased with the body.

Its a great time to buy one, but of course the discounting suggests the likely introduction of replacement models in the not-too distant future. At which point these prices will stay low and maybe go lower and perhaps the new models will be worth the extra cost...

It's always a good time to buy a camera and its never a good time to buy a camera.. :D

-Ray

It's always a good time to buy a camera and its never a good time to buy a camera.. :D

-Ray

Exactly. The question for me right now is: If I can only buy one camera in the roughly $1,000 range this summer/fall season, would it be the X-E1 with 18-55 mm zoom, the Oly OM-D with 12-50mm zoom or the Ricoh GR with extra Ricoh battery and Ricoh external charger?

After that, the question becomes, if it's the X-E1 or OM-D, is it silver or black?

The OM-D probably makes the most sense for me, given that I have a lot of micro four-thirds lenses. But I hadn' t seriously considered the X-E1 before due to cost. I had considered the X100/X100s, figuring the fixed lens would mean I wouldn't be tempted by another system. But my fast Olympus and Panasonic primes actually have me covered for low-light work in the normal range. The X-E1 would be a pure luxury purchase.

Its a great time to buy one, but of course the discounting suggests the likely introduction of replacement models in the not-too distant future. At which point these prices will stay low and maybe go lower and perhaps the new models will be worth the extra cost...

I meant that it was a good time to buy a system because if you buy 3 or 4 lenses with the camera, you're getting about $1000 off the lenses. I'm sure the lens deals will come back around at some point, but I'm not sure they'll be there at the time of the X-Pro 2 introduction...

Not sure if this rebate was a good timing since I only started "considering" Fujifilm last night. Regardless I pulled the trigger and bought a X-E1 body to take advantage of the discount.

Hi everyone. I'm new to the forum. I am currently a MFT/FT user (Olympus E-PM1 and Panasonic L1). I have been looking to upgrade ever since the announcement of E-P5. Placed a pre-order for E-P5 but canceled it shortly after rumors of GX2 (or GX7) surfaced. Since I shoot mostly legacy prime lenses, I thought perhaps I should explore options outside the MFT world. Enter the Fujifilm. Based on what I have seen here, it looks like I shouldn't regret my rushed decision...hopefully. :rolleyes:

Tempting prices. But the next great thing might just be around the corner, the new Panasonic RF alike 18MP body. So some might want to keep their powder dry, especially the ones with some mft lenses in the closet. I`m currently traveling with the XE-1 and whilst it is a nice camera, the system needs still quite some serious polishing in a number of areas to be ready for prime time. AF speed, MF & ZF implementation, problematic shutter lag, EVF refresh rate, just to name a few.

I meant that it was a good time to buy a system because if you buy 3 or 4 lenses with the camera, you're getting about $1000 off the lenses. I'm sure the lens deals will come back around at some point, but I'm not sure they'll be there at the time of the X-Pro 2 introduction...

That's true. I guess the question is how much further the resale value of the bodies will fall (I suspect they just took a tumble along with this change in the last day or two) after the new bodies are announced and whether you'd save enough on the lenses to make up for the cost of upgrading the body. All of which is irrelevant if you want the a camera now or real soon.

-Ray

Sometimes it's just a good time to encourage sales with temporary discounting. Afterall, they put temporary rebates on things like kitchen stand mixers (not just to make room for new models) or coupons to push things like soup or bread. I think they are hoping to boost some sales and marketshare with their newish 14mm and 50-200mm lens bringing attention to the system and it's probably never good to hold too much camera body inventory given the depreciation and new models. I wouldn't be surprised if we see an xpro 2 sometime before 2014 though..

Tempting to me, that's for sure. I rarely use my X100's OVF. I need to remind myself about how these lenses translate into my 35mm mind.
Welcome back to Serious Compacts BB. 24 hours in and you're looking at the next purchase....oh it's not lost any of its charm this place.:D Gotta say you picked the right temptation. Me, I'm torn between a discounted XPro1 or the shinier XPro2. Being only three week's into my time with the X100s I reckon it will be the latter.

Back