Fuji Fuji X-E1 killed the Nikon kit for me

And here I am running headfirst in the opposite direction. Getting a D800E with big fat zooms and MF primes. Also getting into tethered shooting so will be lugging around laptops on top of heavy gear along with a heavy Gitzo tripod. Using small cameras for so long as taught me the value of keeping a camera on me at all times. That's where the X100 comes in and it should help keep it 'real'.

Nianys, I have only picked up a nex a few times in stores and never been taken with it. Why/how do you find the nex7 a better camera?

Cheers

No, no, not a better camera ! Either my explanation was flawed, or your didn't read it carefully. What I actually said is that after over 6 months with various NEX bodies, i've grown to know them very well and be able to get the results I want very easily, while there is a learning curve on the Fuji I haven't dealt entirely with yet.
I'm starting to get the WOW shots out of the X-E just now, after about 3 days of constantly playing with it, trying different settings and just globally adapting to the camera.
I think the NEX 7 and X-E are VERY close in overall goodness, both two fantastic cameras. I don't plan on switching right now, but am thinking of *adding* the X-E to my stable ;)

... (and I think I might be the user on all Amin's sites combined who's owned or at least used the most different digital bodies in the past 12 years, with or without mirror)...

Now there's a dubious distinction! I could as likely challenge for the crown, but I won't be bringing out that list in public any time soon :biggrin_old:.

Now there's a dubious distinction! I could as likely challenge for the crown, but I won't be bringing out that list in public any time soon :biggrin_old:.

Actually it'd be interesting to list them, but I'm well afraid I would forget a couple one night stands ;)

i sold all my canon gear ( 500D, 5 lenses including much missed 10-20, tripod, lowepro bag , filters, flashgun, batterygrip etc etc, the whole lot) to purchase the X-E1 and 18-55 lens.
only thing i miss is the 10-20 and would love to get the 10-24 fuji lens when it eventually comes out.
of course id sell the lot in an instant if i could get the Leica M-Monochrom

Amin,

Wait until Nikon release their full frame in a body the same size as the RX1 but with interchangeable lens capability that will take Leica M / Fuji X / and Nikon lenses with an adaptor.....................you'l be back!!:cool:

Amin,

Wait until Nikon release their full frame in a body the same size as the RX1 but with interchangeable lens capability that will take Leica M / Fuji X / and Nikon lenses with an adaptor.....................you'l be back!!:cool:

I'm not one to ever say I won't be back. Bottom line is that I'm a fan of (in no particular order) Nikon, Fuji, Canon, Olympus, Panasonic, Sigma, Ricoh, Leica, Pentax, Sony, Zeiss, and Samsung. Unless something happens to me, I'll more than likely be back to all of them :).

I recently bought a Nikon D600, 50/1.8G, and Sigma 35/1.4. Both of those lenses are fantastic, but after using the Fuji X-E1 these past couple weeks, I sold off the Nikon kit.

Horses for courses, of course. I don't shoot sports, ultrawide, tele, much off camera flash, wildlife, or any number of things where the Nikon might do better. If I want to shoot very low light or shallow DOF, the Fuji does both of those enough for me. Plus the Fuji scores 100x higher in the all-important "want to use it" category. So goodbye again, Nikon. I'm sure I'll be back some day!

If I had time to do landscapes as much as I would like to, I would probably grab a D600, a prime or two and the 16-35. It seems like a very nice camera. I envy you having had it to play for a while, and I saw some of the shots - it certainly performed well.

Why wouldn't you consider one of the Fuji Xs a good camera for landscapes, if I may ask?

Oh that's not what I meant at all. I do use my X for landscapes, and I love it. I am very happy with the results. But, if were to shoot landscapes much more often, and in the places I would like to visit again, then I would like to have a FF (and some very specific lenses) too. Currently I feel that for this the D600 would be my choice for price / performance balance. Sadly I live in the real world, where other commitments don't allow such indulgences...

As it is, I am happy with what I have, and grateful to have it. I am looking forward to the 10 -24 too; likely the only zoom I would want for an X.

Back