Fuji Fuji X-E1 LCD Replacement

Dave

Hi,

I dropped my X-E1 in Ireland. Great place to visit if you are not my camera. Everything works except for the LCD (currently using the EVF). Fuji provided a verbal quote (site unseen) for around $250 ($100 part and $150 labor). I can use the EVF, so the LCD replacement is not the highest priority.

I found a few repair shops that will do it for $100, but I am leery of sending it out of state due to previous bad experiences. Has anybody replaced the LCD and/or have any recommendations on a reputable camera repair shop? Ebay has several new LCD screens for sale for under $50. If you have replaced the LCD on the X-E1 or X-E2 (my guess is that it will be identical in terms of taking it apart), can you provide advise? Thanks!

Dave

I've used Dean's Camera Repair in Torrance for all my Canon stuff. Even for lens tune-ups I use Dean. I haven't had any problems with my Fuji's so I haven't been there in a while.

1055 W Carson St, Torrance, CA 90502
(310) 782-8619

Gary

I've used Dean's Camera Repair in Torrance for all my Canon stuff. Even for lens tune-ups I use Dean. I haven't had any problems with my Fuji's so I haven't been there in a while.

1055 W Carson St, Torrance, CA 90502
(310) 782-8619

Gary

Thanks! Always good to have an impartial recommendation!

Back