Fuji Fuji X-E2 available for pre-order at B&H

Ray, thanks for this and especially the note on Flickr.
Maybe I'll meet up with you when you get yours to check it out. Truthfully , the XE1 & XP1 are working very well and I have no feelings of seperation or divorce from them.

I only use the cameras in M mode so with Auto ISO I get the speed that the new firmware offers . I never use any mode other than M.
BTW........Sony blew it with that new FF thing...
Later... Don

I've learned to be content with the cameras I own. There will always be a next model and improvement. The secret is learning to use the camera you have and never wait for the next great thing. I'm a regular shopper at B&H and have been for many years. They send me advance notices which I'm sure you also received.

I've learned to be content with the cameras I own. There will always be a next model and improvement. The secret is learning to use the camera you have and never wait for the next great thing. I'm a regular shopper at B&H and have been for many years. They send me advance notices which I'm sure you also received.

I tend to be content with what I've got but I also keep my eyes on what's new and when it offers something that would be useful/helpful to my shooting, sometimes I buy it. In the case of the XE1 / XE2, the XE1 will continue to be fine for how I use this camera, so I don't see any reason to upgrade. But if I was using the Fuji as my primary street camera, as I did for a while, I'd jump on the XE2, because the auto-ISO setup that allows a user selectable minimum shutter speed up to 1/500 is a game changer to me for street work. I had no idea how useful that could be until I started shooting with the Nikon A, which has the same feature (it goes up to 1/1000, but 1/500 is as fast as I need). And found it really liberating because it lets me put much less energy into monitoring and changing one of the key exposure tradeoffs while I'm shooting. I've enjoyed everything I've shot with, but I enjoy the gear I shoot with now considerably more than I would if I went back to what I was shooting with 3-4 years ago, so I like to stay on top of the new gear too... Maybe the XE3 will have something that will entice me to upgrade... If I was using this camera for action or street or with longer lenses, I'd probably upgrade to the XE2...

-Ray

There are very few legitimate reviews out yet as the camera hasn't been released. If Fuji has indeed corrected the shortcomings of it's previous model the X-E2 will be a formidable competitor in the mirrorless market. I'm all for progress but can no longer afford to keep upgrading. I'm thoroughly happy with my X-E1 and love the fuji lenses that I have. I no longer shoot professionally but even if I was the Fuji X series would be my primary camera. - :)

I am a wedding, event portrait shooter and want to try Fuji X camera, should I get X E2 or X Pro 1 and why............Thanks

Back