Fuji Fuji X-E2 Field Test

Awesome!!

Questions:
Your review says they haven't changed the EVF on the XE2 (more specifically "the same one as the XE1"). That would stop me from buying it! I thought I read that the refresh rate was improved for reducing low light laginess. Is that ONLY for the LCD? I really need the EVF to be less laggy before I'll try Fuji again.

Awesome!!

Question:
Your review says they haven't changed the EVF on the XE2 (more specifically "the same one as the XE1"). That would stop me from buying it! I thought I read that the refresh rate was improved for reducing low light laginess. Is that ONLY for the LCD? I really need the EVF to be less laggy before I'll try Fuji again.

It's the same magnification and resolution, but with a much faster refresh rate. Sorry, Chris should have been more specific, I'll give him a smack next time I see him!

Another question: The XE1 always felt laggy and slow to me. Does the XE2 feel more responsive? Shot to shot speed, less lag, faster write times, etc.? I didn't hear them talk about that, unless I missed it.

Another question: The XE1 always felt laggy and slow to me. Does the XE2 feel more responsive? Shot to shot speed, less lag, faster write times, etc.? I didn't hear them talk about that, unless I missed it.

It's a huge improvement, even though it was a pre-production camera, the X-E2 felt snappier than even the X100S. Unfortunately, as RAW files are not supported yet, I can't comment on write times. Shooting JPEG though, we never hit any issues.

The PP cameras, at least the first few series, do not support UHS-1 cards due to a hardware issue, so I can't really test write times, yet. This will change once production samples become available. RAWs look great, I have both Photo Ninja and Iridient support the camera already. I think the release of the non-beta Iridient is imminent.

Back