Fuji X-PRO 1 Fully Leaked by French Magazine 'Responses Photo'

Amin

Hall of Famer
6642160135_651aa75e3f_o.png

French magazine Responses Photo has leaked the details regarding Fuji's new interchangeable lens camera system. Hot of the press info:
  • The Fuji X-PRO 1 will cost ~1300 EUR for 35mm f/1.4 kit. Each lens will cost ~600 EUR
  • Available lenses: 18mm f/2, 35mm f/1.4, 60mm f/2.4 macro, equivalent to 27mm, 53mm, and 90mm angle of view in 35mm format terms, respectively.
  • Flange distance 17.7mm with large mount diameter
  • Hybrid viewfinder like X100. Optical viewfinder will adjust (zoom) based on the lens mounted with parallax compensation.
  • Newly developed APS-C (1.5X) "X-Tran" CMOS sensor
  • Sensor resolution not specified but claimed to match 35mm format in detail captured
  • Sensor uses new hexagonal patterned color photosites to avoid color aliasing and dispenses with the AA filter for superior "per-pixel" resolution (like Leica M8/9, Ricoh GXR, and Sigma DP series).
  • Available in March?

Above specs are a combination of my rudimentary French skills and the translation provided by a DPR forum member here: Re: Fuji pro x1- now for real !!: Fujifilm Talk Forum: Digital Photography Review

6642160189_2e71f54fa5_o.png

Unknowns:
  • When this will be available in volume on a per country basis
  • Size/weight
  • Pricing on a per country basis

Source: DPReview forums via 1001 Noisy Cameras

I like what I think I see. Doubt I will be able to get one any time soon, even when they become available.

If history is any indication, this camera will trickle out in low volume and remain hard to find for over a year.

looks great, although it's too big for me. Cheaper than rumored, but I think that's just a Fuji tactic - spreading rumours where the price is super high, see what the acceptance rate is, and set price accordingly. Good to have another top-level CSC out there :)

looks great, although it's too big for me. Cheaper than rumored, but I think that's just a Fuji tactic - spreading rumours where the price is super high, see what the acceptance rate is, and set price accordingly. Good to have another top-level CSC out there :)

They do seem to have done that with the X100. If it's US $1,300 for kit and lens (sometimes the dollar and Euro go 1:1, sometimes not), then I will certainly pre-order to test. If it ends up around $2K, then I may pre-order, but it will damper my enthusiasm for the set.

Can't really tell the size, definitively, from these shots. But I am impressed with the lens line up being offered - if only Sony thought the same. This Fuji could just be the camera to bring marital bliss to a very loud bluster...in more than just one household I fear!

Between the upcoming Leica system, the Sony NEX-7, and this, competition for the midsized APS-C enthusiast system is getting fierce. Of course there's also Micro 4/3, but that is a smaller class in my book.

Its looks huge but I'm sure its going to pumped some serious IQ, Sony Nex met its match here for sure. I think the Pannies are still safe and affordable choices for the masses. Now with an M-adapter it would really be cool to see it go head to head with the GXR M-mount combo. In the end, could Fuji be wanting to get those clients that are on the verge of a Leica M8,M9 and perhaps attract a few of those sales number over to their side — could be. Personally, I still prefer smaller cams.

If the pricing mentioned in the French article is true, Euro 1300 for body plus 35mm f1,4 and Euro 600 for each of the other two primes, competition is going to sweat. The nominal USD prices usually are very close to the nominal Euro prices, i.e. this would mean USD 1300 for body and fast standard prime! (the Euro price includes a VAT of about 20%).

Looks awesome....and BIG...
Worst comes to worst this will give Sony an incentive to make smaller pancake primes.

I appreciate how BIG everyone is saying this camera is. And I mean "appreciate", as the temptation can then be well avoided as it disqualifies from the second condition of our raison d'etre (Serious Compacts) ;)

PHEW!!!!

Looks like we'll have a splinter forum - much like TalkNEX and mu43.com....though I fear once all the X10, X100 users also jump across to "The Fuji Fireside" then they'll be little left here for me to moderate....:(

My guess is that it's about the same width as the X100, but thicker. If Fuji can keep the lenses no bigger than a PL25 (m4/3 version), I'll be pretty impressed.

The three primes are pretty intriguing. It'd have been even better if Fuji started off with a 24mm EFL instead of 27mm. Or better yet, a 21/1.4 -- the Summilux-killer!

Back