Fuji Fuji X-Pro 1 hands on and samples

retow

All-Pro
Jul 24, 2010
Very interesting article from a true expert. For a Leica owner very thought provoking. I actually ordered the X Pro1 yesterday and will decide within the next few weeks whether it will replace my M9. The combination of X Pro1 sensor and native lenses produces results which are very convincing, including your above shots with the 60mm.

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011

flysurfer

Hall of Famer
Aug 31, 2011
I really like the free RPP 64 (beta) RAW converter that now also supports the XP1:

DSCF1397 by ricopress, on Flickr

Pretty crispy. Deals well with high DR. Uses the entire sensor area (extra pixels, yay!) and renders that old-fashioned film-like look retro camera lovers tend to like. While this pic comes from a pre-production camera with pre-production lens, I still uploaded the full-res file to Flickr.

Luckypenguin

Hall of Famer
Dec 24, 2010
Brisbane, Australia
Nic
DPReview has given the X-Pro1 the "Studio Scene" treatment. It looks very clean at any ISO but shows up as being a bit soft, and the jpeg files are listed as being only about half the size (~5Mb) as other cameras with similar resolutions. Is there something a bit odd happening there? Doesn't seem right...

krugorg

All-Pro
Sep 26, 2011
Minnesota USA
Kyle Krug
DPReview has given the X-Pro1 the "Studio Scene" treatment. It looks very clean at any ISO but shows up as being a bit soft, and the jpeg files are listed as being only about half the size (~5Mb) as other cameras with similar resolutions. Is there something a bit odd happening there? Doesn't seem right...
I saw the same thing, Nic. I compared against my K-01 and the XPro1 looked soft... I figured something is going on there, because the K-01 is known to have a stronger AA filter. Maybe they don't have the conversion settings quite dialed in yet.

krugorg

All-Pro
Sep 26, 2011
Minnesota USA
Kyle Krug
Yeah, I meant to say that I think something was wrong with their XPro1 setup, not that the K-01 was better. It has to be noticeably sharper than the K-01, given the AA filter, etc.

Rich M

Veteran
May 2, 2011
Hawaii
One from yesterday with the Contax 100-300 at 300mm (handheld).

I find it interesting that in many forums (not here, of course), there are a lot of people scrutinizing this camera for any real or imagined flaw.....and FLOGGING it.

For the record, I have never had a focussing error, it has a file that easily matches the ISO performance of my 5D2, it's lack of an AA filter puts it on par with the Ricoh GXR A12 M-mount but with more MP's, and the Fujinon 35/1.4 is an amazing lens at a ridiculously low price point.

Here's a shot with the 35mm

R

BBW

Legend
Jul 7, 2010
betwixt and between
BB
Rich, you sly dog...I should have known you'd be getting ahold of this wonderful camera! Thanks so much for your photos...except they're making me a bit jealous. Lovely color and black and white pictures - there's something quite film like about them, I think....or at least that's how they feel to me.

Ray Sachs

Legend
Sep 21, 2010
Not too far from Philly
you should be able to figure it out...
Hadn't done any shooting since I got back from NYC, so I took the X-Pro out for a walk the other day. Shooting around home is a real letdown after NYC, but I'll get over it. Just trying to wake my eyes back up - I think they needed a nap after such an intensive month.

View attachment 53980

I used the 18 and 35, but these are all the 18.

-Ray

Rich M

Veteran
May 2, 2011
Hawaii
Hadn't done any shooting since I got back from NYC, so I took the X-Pro out for a walk the other day. Shooting around home is a real letdown after NYC, but I'll get over it. Just trying to wake my eyes back up - I think they needed a nap after such an intensive month.

-Ray
Ray.....your NYC stuff is off the charts. I bookmarked your Flickr page and go there every few days. Pretty awesome stuff.

R

Latest posts

Latest threads

Top Bottom