Fuji Fuji X-Pro1 sample images at Lenstip.com

I thought the 35mm performed the best. The 18mm seemed rather soft (or out of focus) on the f2 - f2.8 photos.

High ISO photos looked good (on par with the K-5 and maybe slightly better), but they were taken in good lighting conditions.

acmatos, thank you so much - one of our member's flysurfer was at that same shoot and has posted some of his pictures, as well. I'm pretty taken with the steam in that first one in the last line. The photographs are looking very good to my eyes. Granted this is a professional set up, but that doesn't matter to me.

Please stop by our Welcomes and Introductions forum when you have the time, acmatos - and thank you again.:th_salute:

Some nice shots, the 35mm lens looks promising. Hopefully we see more examples soon. I'm not impressed how the 18mm renders in these photos, it's not really sharp, as mentioned by Armanius and the transition from in focus to out of focus area is looking harsh and not pleasing. The colors look "digital" with the 18mm, maybe it's the PP.

The 18mm looks nicer stopped down, which is more along the lines of how I would use this focal length anyway, but even the f/5.6 example isn't particularly sharp compared to the samples from the 35mm lens. Hopefully this particular copy of the 18mm was just a dud.

I didn't find the 18 so bad. Then again, absolute sharpness is not at the top of my need list.

I feel the 18 has a similar deep and pleasant character to the 35: a character I like very much.

It also occurs to me that the poses for the 35 are (generally) more static and stiffly posed. In some of the 18 shots there is movement.

Anyway, it'll take a lot more than these shots for us to really make a judgement.

Overall, looking good so far, I think. The images have a nice feel to them.

Lack of sharpness, occasional questionable use of larger apertures, and horrible cigarettes aside, I quite liked the look of the 18mm images too. I'd like to see some similar outdoor shots taken with the 35mm lens as well.

Back