Completed Fuji X-Pro1 with 35mm lens and a few extras

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luke

Legend
Name
Luke
I bought this used X-Pro kit around a month ago when one showed up on the local Craigslist. I knew I loved my X100 and assumed the X-Pro1 would be my final camera purchase for awhile. It was just like a better, slightly bigger X100 that would take other lenses.

After shooting with both of them for around a month, I realized I don't like switching lenses. I like a single focal length....and for me that focal length is the one on the X100. I guess I just see scenes more naturally in a classic 35mm focal length than the classic 50mm field of view.

I also think the camera is better than I am. It should be in the hands of a gifted shooter, not a goofball snapper. I'll admit I can bust off a good one now and then, but I'm more snapshotty by nature. The pure IQ of the X-Pro1 is absolutely intoxicating. But it's not the right camera for me (for where I'm at photographically).

The camera and lens new are $2,300. I spent $1,850 for it used and thought it was a great deal. I added a soft release and bought an aftermarket charger with a pair of extra batteries that added another $50 in value. I'm asking $1,700 (which includes all Paypal fees, shipping to a US Paypal address AND insurance). I am missing the flimsy cover for the lens hood (because it falls off far too easily). The LCD screen has a superficial and faint scuff at top right that was there when I bought it. It becomes nearly invisible under a scratch guard (the original owner had one on it), but I don't use 'em. The fact that could hide a scuff makes me wonder what else I can't see (like critical focus).

The lens has no flaws.

If you've thought about buying a used one, here's one that is well optioned, clean and from someone you can trust. It's pretty much like getting a lens for free if you consider that new bodies are $1,700. Why not give it a spin? I really thought I'd end up selling the X100 and buying the other lenses for the X-Pro1, but I guess it's not for me. Feels weird I must admit, but it's too much money to not be my first choice. If I had more money, I'd keep it to complement my X100.

View attachment 58115
DSCF1126 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

You can kind of see the scuff I'm speaking about on the screen at top left here.......very minor......
View attachment 58116
DSCF1127 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

View attachment 58117
DSCF1130 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

View attachment 58118
DSCF1133 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

View attachment 58119
DSCF1134 by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Here's a few shots I took with it that I'm reasonably happy with.

And these aren't master works by any definition, but for those that like to look at sample images, here's a few I captured with this lens and body....(Warning....some of them are overprocessed)

View attachment 58125
red raspberries by Lukinosity, on Flickr

View attachment 58126
3 benches by Lukinosity, on Flickr

View attachment 58127
water vapor by Lukinosity, on Flickr

View attachment 58128
"no one had the heart to tell her that she was, in fact, a Maple tree and NOT a belly dancer by Lukinosity, on Flickr

View attachment 58129
Brigadier General Erastus B. Wolcott by Lukinosity, on Flickr

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back