Fuji Fuji X-S10

Well, maybe it was warm afterglow from Thanksgiving dinner, but I've just pulled the trigger on an X-S10 with 16-80mm. My larger Fuji lenses will fit and I'm not sure I need the X-T4. Besides, I keep thinking about the X-S10 like I never did the X-T4 and the value is incredible.
Have to agree with you there, a lot of spec for a £1000 body to start, plus save over £300 on the 16-80mm.

Well, maybe it was warm afterglow from Thanksgiving dinner, but I've just pulled the trigger on an X-S10 with 16-80mm. My larger Fuji lenses will fit and I'm not sure I need the X-T4. Besides, I keep thinking about the X-S10 like I never did the X-T4 and the value is incredible.
That’s an excellent deal. I’m still pouting that I bought the 16-80 about two months earlier.

BTW, I spent the weekend chasing the grandkids with the X-S10 and the 16-80. The S10 has pretty good face/eye tracking, although not quite as good as my Sony A7R3. Still, it worked much better than my last trip with the X-H1. The IBIS/OIS combo was invisibly really good with a relatively slow lens indoors. Looking at the pics today on the big monitor, the only blurring I had was due to motion and not shake.

An observation about the X-S10. Some have complained about the on/off switch around the shutter release. To be honest, they are mostly correct. The switch is tight to turn and it's hard to get good purchase on the ridged lever to turn it easily. It's not a deal breaker, but you do have to teach yourself to dig a bit deeper if you want this switch to work very quickly.

Last edited:
An observation about the X-S10. Some have complained about the on/off switch around the shutter release. To be honest, they are mostly correct. The switch is tight to turn and it's hard to get good purchase on the ridged lever to turn it easily. It's not a deal breaker, but you do have to teach yourself to dig a bit deeper if you want this switch to work very quickly.
Being a former Nikon shooter the placement would be familiar for me.

Being a former Nikon shooter the placement would be familiar for me.
The placement is fine. It’s too stiff. Your finger can slip off the switch before turning it on. Of course, this is the worst aspect of the ergs for me. The fit in hand with the deep grip is close to ideal. Reminds me of everything I liked about the Olympus E-M1.

Last edited:
DPR just released the X-S10 review, and it’s pretty accurate. JMHO, of course.

Yesterday I finally got an X-S10 in my hands, the grip is great but the camera really is petite, smaller than my X-T1. The smaller magnification of the EVF is no good for me so I'm gonna pass on this one. Hopefully, sales of the X-S10 will please Fuji and there will be some new offerings in 2021, something along the lines of X-S10 meets X-H1.

I have the X-S10 and really like it. I like to shoot with manual focus lenses so IBIS is a big deal for me, as i get a little more shaky in my old age. Unfortunately the weather here in the Washington DC area has been cold and rainy. Many of my favorite places to walk are boarded up, museums are closed and the BLM, Antifa and Proud boys have caused enough riots to keep the city shut down, As well as the Virus. Luckily i'll have more time time to shoot this spring! I'm moving to the state of Tennessee in two weeks.

Back