Fuji Fuji X-T40

What would the X-T40 be based on, since X-Tx0 model typically cuts down the current X-Tx model? The X-T4 is basically the X-T3 with IBIS and a foldout display. The X-T30ii came out last year and took on some of the X-T4 software features, but right now there isn't a newer sensor or processor out there, and I doubt the X-T40 would be the first to get either of those!

What would the X-T40 be based on, since X-Tx0 model typically cuts down the current X-Tx model? The X-T4 is basically the X-T3 with IBIS and a foldout display. The X-T30ii came out last year and took on some of the X-T4 software features, but right now there isn't a newer sensor or processor out there, and I doubt the X-T40 would be the first to get either of those!
I agree.

I think an XT-40 is extremely unlikely at this point, maybe later in 2022 or maybe 2023. There is an XS-10 which could be viewed as an XT-40!
Maybe an X40 would be coming as the X30 is getting very old.

As much as I liked them, I can't see the X*0 series being revived. The X30 is approaching 10 years old, and Sony, Panasonic, and Canon have all seriously dialed back their 1" zoom compacts' update cycles, so the market probably contracted down to a fraction of its size 10 years ago. Even the X70/XF10 don't seem to be getting an update, unfortunately. ILC's with their fixed flange distance dictated by the shutter inbetween the lens and sensor just can't get quite as pocketable as fixed lens compacts. And phones don't handle anywhere near as nice as a serious compact.

Considering Fujifilm just re-released the X-T30 a few months ago, I kind of doubt we'll see an X-T40 anytime soon. With the big event getting closer day by day, we might get some more clues about what's next in terms of X-System cameras. Personally I could see an X-T5 happening next after we get the X-H2, but of course it depends how that one is actually going to look like.

I tend to think that if a XT-40 arrives it will be end of 2022 or maybe February 2023.
The release of the XH2 (26MP) will take up much of Fujs bandwidth and if there is a XH2 (40MP) then this may come later in the (2022) year if there is a a two model strategy (this strategy doesnt actually make sense to me, but what do I know).

Personally I cant see the value of releasing another 26MP camera as it is just the same as before, unless it has Sony A1 quality AF and speed. A XH2 40MP is much more a step forward and I would expect this to have improved AF over the XT3/4. Same as when the XT5 comes this must be a step forward from the XT4 so it will have IBIS, better AF, better video.

I tend to think that if a XT-40 arrives it will be end of 2022 or maybe February 2023.
The release of the XH2 (26MP) will take up much of Fujs bandwidth and if there is a XH2 (40MP) then this may come later in the (2022) year if there is a a two model strategy (this strategy doesnt actually make sense to me, but what do I know).

Personally I cant see the value of releasing another 26MP camera as it is just the same as before, unless it has Sony A1 quality AF and speed. A XH2 40MP is much more a step forward and I would expect this to have improved AF over the XT3/4. Same as when the XT5 comes this must be a step forward from the XT4 so it will have IBIS, better AF, better video.
I'm late to the party, but I am a big fan and current owner of an X-T30. To me, the release of the X-T30 ii implies that Fuji doesn't quite know what to do next with the X-T## line. The Mark ii upgraded some of the internal tech to bring it in line with the X-T4 and X-S10. The new sensors are the Stacked 26 MP and the 40 MP. We know that the X-T5 is getting the 40 MP. What other upgrades does Fuji really have available? The new stacked 26 is too expensive for the XS and XT## lines. Maybe the 40? I could see the XS getting that but I'm not sure how a body without IBIS could handle the higher resolution sensor. (No idea how well the lenses with OIS would do.) What else could they upgrade except FW? To be honest, I would probably pay a premium for an X-S10 with the stacked sensor, but that's not going to happen.

Last edited:
I'm late to the party, but I am a big fan and current owner of an X-T30. To me, the release of the X-T30 ii implies that Fuji doesn't quite know what to do next with the X-T## line. The Mark ii upgraded some of the internal tech to bring it in line with the X-T4 and X-S10. The new sensors are the Stacked 26 MP and the 40 MP. We know that the X-T5 is getting the 40 MP. What other upgrades does Fuji really have available? The new stacked 26 is too expensive for the XS and XT## lines. Maybe the 40? I could see the XS getting that but I'm not sure how a body without IBIS could handle the higher resolution sensor. (No idea how well the lenses with OIS would do.) What else could they upgrade except FW? To be honest, I would probably pay a premium for an X-S10 with the stacked sensor, but that's not going to happen.
So, of course, as soon as I write this reply, I see this. The X-S10 is conspicuous by its absence.

Last edited:
Back