Fuji Fuji X-T5 Announced

Very few cameras arrive that tempt me to pre-order, but the XT5 had me thinking about it. Resisting so far. IBIS, no dreaded flippy screen, and compact size are appealing, plus lighter in weight than the XH2.

Agr

Agree entirely. I have also been waiting for a stabilized X-100. Since the X-H2S is still using a version of the 26MP sensor I'm hoping they might use that in the next X-100 at least. I can't imagine it would make much economic sense to keep buying in the 26MP sensor for the relatively low volumes the X-H2S will sell at.

I actually had a quick look on MPB for second hand X-T4s and they have 77 on the US site and 65 on the UK site, so there should be no problem if I decide to pick one up!
They need to either order more of the older 26 or develop a new one. The 40 would be odd in all the other lower end bodies. The stacked version is too expensive to use at the bottom of the line. At least that’s what many say.

Last edited:
Very few cameras arrive that tempt me to pre-order, but the XT5 had me thinking about it. Resisting so far. IBIS, no dreaded flippy screen, and compact size are appealing, plus lighter in weight than the XH2.
All of those very valid points are making it so tempting. But I have 5 Fuji bodies and a not too healthy bank balance, so for now I'll just wait for a while until used ones pop up on the market

It looks like a very nice camera and a good evolution of the line. Now that the 40MP sensor is starting to roll out, though, I'm a little concerned that it will become the default across the range over time. For me, the 26MP in my X-S10 is plenty and if I decide at some point in the future to buy a second body I would like the option to stick with 26MP. The good news is that there will probably be lots of second hand X-T4's appearing on the market soon so that should cover it.

I'm curious to see if they move the X-100 across to the new sensor and, if so, whether they also need to tweak the lens any to optimize it.
I share all of your questions. But I have been slowly reducing the size of my kit and recently traded in my X-T4, X-S10 and X-Pro3 on the X-H2s. So I have the stacked 26mp sensor for wildlife and sports.

I still have my X100V and my X-E4, and I'm still happy with both. The X100 lens was updated for generation V, by the way. But if the 40mp sensor trickles down to less expensive camera bodies, I'd be interested. Perhaps the X-T5 will get a $200-300 discount for Christmas of 2023. But if a potential X-S20 gets the sensor for $1200 or less, that would be a good option.

Part of me would love to see 40mp in an X-T40. I wonder if IBIS is necessary at such resolutions. But I think I'd be okay with just using higher shutter speeds.

I share all of your questions. But I have been slowly reducing the size of my kit and recently traded in my X-T4, X-S10 and X-Pro3 on the X-H2s. So I have the stacked 26mp sensor for wildlife and sports.

I still have my X100V and my X-E4, and I'm still happy with both. The X100 lens was updated for generation V, by the way. But if the 40mp sensor trickles down to less expensive camera bodies, I'd be interested. Perhaps the X-T5 will get a $200-300 discount for Christmas of 2023. But if a potential X-S20 gets the sensor for $1200 or less, that would be a good option.

Part of me would love to see 40mp in an X-T40. I wonder if IBIS is necessary at such resolutions. But I think I'd be okay with just using higher shutter speeds.
Imagine an X-T40 with the new sensor, processor, and IBIS, but otherwise the same, for $1000 USD or whatever the X-S10 costs. The X-T30 and the X-S10 have a similar relationship as the T5 has with the H2. Would it make sense for Fuji do try this two-body types at the low end of the line? The XT5 shots I’ve been seeing in the wild look pretty good, but that would be committing a large portion of their line to the 40 mp sensor. I can’t see them keeping the old 26 in either the XPro or X100 series, so unless they put the stacked 26 in either/both of those lines, it will be all 40 mp. Even if the stacked sensor costs more, I think fans of these two lines are likely to pay a bit more to get what want.

Last edited:
Back