Fuji Fuji X10 goes to Carmel/the images left behind for SIJ

the last ones
DSCF1843sm.jpg

View attachment 47615

View attachment 47616

View attachment 47617

Bob, this is a great thread in conjunction with the "Sample Images" one that shows the kind of thing this finely cut jewel of a camera can do in the right hands.

Please tell me - how did you get those underwater photos - at an aquarium? I asked this on your "Jellies" SIJ, but haven't found my way back to see if you answered.

Love that one of the shark and pal swimming with the fishes!

Thanks BB,
The MBA does a great job with their displays, the jellyfish tanks are back and top lit, with the room surrounding the tanks kept pretty dark, controlling the amount of reflections you might get in the glass. Absolutely beautiful in person.

Yes, davect01 short weekend vacation trip to Carmel, charming and relaxing

Very nice images.

Can I ask one question though - how do you make the moon so clear? Usually when I try to include them in my pics, they're just an orb of light. Do I meter on them and then recompose? Thanks so much!

Bob, these are wonderful. The three B&W landscapes with people in them are my favorites. I also really liked the two fish photos, especially the two dark large fish crossing in front of the swirling school. Really nice.

Very nice images.

Can I ask one question though - how do you make the moon so clear? Usually when I try to include them in my pics, they're just an orb of light. Do I meter on them and then recompose? Thanks so much!

You are basically correct, I would suggest a small bracket

Back