Fuji Fuji X10 now in the UK

Name
Andy
We had our 1st shipment of Fuji X10 cameras today. The only one the shop floor managed to get was sold within a few hours. Luckily I sold it and the customer was kind enough to let me hold it for a few moments. My 1st impression was...

It's gorgeous!!!! It's is So retro and looks very much like a well made old film camera. The zoom feels very nice and everything felt top quality. The view finder is very bright and looks quite large, not as large as the X100 but decent enough and better than the G12 and P7100.

I'll be astounded if I don't get one from the next batch. I really need to see the IQ for myself 1st though. Hoping for more soon!!

Watch this space.....:rolleyes::D

Hey Andy, that old IQ, that's the thing, isn't it. I've been waiting for some sample shots to look better than average, something along the lines of the GRD IV samples we've seen recently (some sharpness and good color). Wondering if it's just an issue of JPEG vs RAW on this camera (haven't seen any RAW samples). You're right, it looks really nice and I'm sure feels great to hold and shoot. Let's hope the IQ comes through. I think everybody wants this one to be a winner.

I'll be honest here about the IQ. I have seen some very nice X10 images at 4000pix wide here which are very good for a compact. I have also seen images from the GRD4 which look like they have been taken with a 5D mk2 and decent prime lens, They are stunning!!! The X10 has something nice about the image quality. It is also very good in low light. The real thing about the X10 is how it looks and feels in your hand. It is probably the most beautiful camera i have ever seen. I know IQ is THE most important thing (as I keep telling my customers) and the X10's images are very very good but not as good as the GRD4...or GRD3 for that matter but has that 'Leica' desire about it. It was very hard to say goodbye to the X10 as I passed it over to it's new owner. Not many cameras pull at the heart strings but the X10 certainly does.

I SO want them both and need neither. I will probably but one of them but need to test the X10 1st before I part with the cash plus it is too expensive for what it is. The GRD4 is super value if you are happy with the fixed focal length.

The only thing that really bugs me is that it's a Fuji. Having the f550 and pretty much hating it does make me think that the X10 won't be as good as it looks. The X100 had proved to be a great camera even if a few people have had issues with a few things. I'm hoping the X10 is more X100 than f550.

Andy my friend, there are certain known constants in the known photo universe...
The first is, working in a camera store is counter productive to getting paid...
I'm sure you figured that out by now...

Andy, I don't know how you can work in a camera store!!! I would go insane, or broke or both! hehehehe

Thanks for the heads up on how the X10 will make us fall in love at first sight, just like the X100. I must keep away, or sell the xz-1 that I JUST bought lol

Keep us updated, I know you will, but I had to put that in there :)

Andy, I don't know how you can work in a camera store!!! I would go insane, or broke or both! hehehehe

Thanks for the heads up on how the X10 will make us fall in love at first sight, just like the X100. I must keep away, or sell the xz-1 that I JUST bought lol

I am insane AND broke!!!:D

I'm with you! I'd resolved to the EP3, as my ultimate X100 companion, and now Andy has shaken any such resolve!!! Might be a new PEN kit listed shortly :sigh:

Watch this space.....:rolleyes::D

Watching :)

...The GRD4 is super value if you are happy with the fixed focal length.

The only thing that really bugs me is that it's a Fuji. Having the f550 and pretty much hating it does make me think that the X10 won't be as good as it looks. The X100 had proved to be a great camera even if a few people have had issues with a few things. I'm hoping the X10 is more X100 than f550.

Too weird. I was convinced for some reason that the GRD4 had a 3x or 4x zoom. I have NO idea why I thought that, but given that it doesn't, I'll stick with the GRD3, which I really like. I also still like my F550 for casual stuff as well. But that X10 has now jumped to the head of my queue, just a smidge before the XZ-1. I would expect I will have one or the other by the middle of next year (taking it slowly)

I'll be looking forward to your shots, Andy :)

Well Sue I have a bit of a problem... It's the old heart V's head syndrome. If it were down to my heart then I would have bought the X10 at full price from work (The spare one we had for just a few hours) but if my head was in charge then I would wait until I had taken a bunch of test images and also wait for the price to drop to a reasonable level. My heart wins 80% of the time usually but it is shifting as I get older. The other problem is that damn Ricoh GRD4. The GRD3 produces such high class images and the 4 just pushed the envelope a little further and adds IS amongst its new arsenal. The images from the GRD4 are just amazing but the X10 images are not shabby either. Too much damn choice!! :D

Andy, I absolutely love your enthusiasm!

When it comes to image quality, I know that the camera has its allotted quotient but I also believe that the photographer is a very large part of that equation. Elsewhere, I have seen jaw dropping images with certain well known cameras only to see the same camera in other hands produce terrible images. Let's see if you can get an slip an SD card into the next one, Andy.(y)

Andy, I absolutely love your enthusiasm!

When it comes to image quality, I know that the camera has its allotted quotient but I also believe that the photographer is a very large part of that equation. Elsewhere, I have seen jaw dropping images with certain well known cameras only to see the same camera in other hands produce terrible images. Let's see if you can get an slip an SD card into the next one, Andy.(y)

Thanks BB. Actually you have made me realize something and that it that it's down mostly to me to produce the image. Most of the shots I take require a small, light fast camera and if I want to do the traditional shots that you see about then I can use my D90. I think the X10 will be a perfect camera for my 'grab shots'.

Thanks BB you have made my mind up (y) :th_salute:

Well, Andy...please don't tell your pocketbook that it was my idea.:tongue: However, I am glad you see my points about it being the photographer and the skills that they bring to the camera they're using. Even if the same camera is used to photograph a boring image, the person behind the lens and the controls as well as the post processing has an awful lot to do with the output. And then you're so right about what one's individual needs are from the camera being a very important part of the decision making, too.

P.S. I just missed Amin's response! So much better than mine!:rofl:

Andy, I thought you were going to say "luckily I sold it, and luckily I sold it to myself" :D.

:D Sadly not!! The girl who bought it let me hold it for a few moments which was nice of her. Her husband had the X100, what a happy marriage that will be!!

I will put my name down for the next batch and talk sweetly to my manager for a bit of discount!

Back