Fuji Fuji x10 or some say x50

Geez, Sue. I'd say I was worried that you wouldn't have access to the RAW format with the "200". But to be truthful, I can't beat the JPEG quality out of the "550" so I imagine the same holds true with the "200". Good luck.
. . . David

Lol David, I havent been shooting RAW from the 550 for ages. Initially it was because I didnt have the latest ACR and then.. there didn't seem to be a huge need for it. In any case, I may well end up keeping it because the bottom has dropped out of the local market and its just not worth trying to sell, would not get enough for it to be worthwhile.

A higher DR setting would have helped you avoid the burned-out clouds. Try it out next time, you can manually go up to 1600%, combining EXR DR with conventional DR by underexposure and tone curve adaptation. Each method offers up to 2 more stops of dynamic range (400% each), hence you can gain up to 4 more stops compared to a DR100 setting.

I have never set it that high. The next time I will try shots like these at 1600%. Thanks for the tip.

Here's another at 400%.

DSCF11491.JPG
[/IMG]

I have never set it that high. The next time I will try shots like these at 1600%. Thanks for the tip.

Also, as a general tip for pretty much all Fuji cameras: the chosen film simulation mode can make a strong difference. Provia/Standard offers the most dynamic range, Velvia the least. Astia is in between.

Also, as a general tip for pretty much all Fuji cameras: the chosen film simulation mode can make a strong difference. Provia/Standard offers the most dynamic range, Velvia the least. Astia is in between.

Thanks for that info. I find that Velvia gives a really saturated look, and I don't mind it sometimes. I never used fujifilm during my film shooting days, it was almost always ilford or kodak, so I am not even familiar with the old fuji film standard.

Thanks for that info. I find that Velvia gives a really saturated look, and I don't mind it sometimes. I never used fujifilm during my film shooting days, it was almost always ilford or kodak, so I am not even familiar with the old fuji film standard.

I was a regular Fuji Professional slide film user in the 90s, for example shooting Velvia at ISO 40 (it was marketed and sold as ISO 50, but everybody knew it was rather 40 in reality) with Contax, Canon and Hasselblad. So I'm basically not unhappy with their colors. Then again, in these digital days, color is something you can change anytime at will. It was quite different then.

Back