Fuji Fuji X10 Sample Images

Anyone notice that Firmware 2.0 gives sharper images? It could be my imagination, but my photos seems to have a pop to them that I have not noticed before. Click on that photo twice and you will see what I am talking about. :)

original crop (1 of 1)-96.jpg

Amazing view! Where is that? Looks sort of like the Galibier, but I don't think it switches back that heavily at the top. As a cyclist (ex-cyclist for terrain like this!) I drool over mountain roads like this...

-Ray

It's somewhere near the Pordoi Pass in N Italy about 30 miles south of Innsbruck.
Your cyclist's instinct is working as many of the roads are used in the Giro d'Italia cycle race.
Right now it's largely snow covered and ready for the skiing season.

It's somewhere near the Pordoi Pass in N Italy about 30 miles south of Innsbruck.
Your cyclist's instinct is working as many of the roads are used in the Giro d'Italia cycle race.
Right now it's largely snow covered and ready for the skiing season.

I'm sure I've seen it. I watch the Giro every year to the extent its available. Now that the Lance era is well and fully over in the States, cycling coverage is getting sketchy again, as if cycling began and ended with that guy. Now its just the Tour that gets major coverage but the Giro and Vuelta and the Spring Classics get a weekly summary show, but not much more. Fortunately, more and more is viewable online now...

Great photo - I'd have it up on a wall in as close to poster size as it could stand...

-Ray

Anyone notice that Firmware 2.0 gives sharper images? It could be my imagination, but my photos seems to have a pop to them that I have not noticed before. Click on that photo twice and you will see what I am talking about. :)

I haven't upgraded to 2.0, but your photo sure looks super sharp!! And it's a nice photo too!

I'm sure I've seen it. I watch the Giro every year to the extent its available. Now that the Lance era is well and fully over in the States, cycling coverage is getting sketchy again, as if cycling began and ended with that guy. Now its just the Tour that gets major coverage but the Giro and Vuelta and the Spring Classics get a weekly summary show, but not much more. Fortunately, more and more is viewable online now...

Great photo - I'd have it up on a wall in as close to poster size as it could stand...

-Ray

We really need better coverage of the non-TDF stuff. I paid to watch the Vuelta one time via internet in the NBC Universal Sports website, and the coverage was atrocious. Now they don't even have the pay to watch option anymore. AT&T U-Verse does not offer NBC Universal Sports. So I'm stuck to just watching whatever is on the NBC Sports. Hopefully, the demise of Lance Armstrong will not lead to the total disappearance of pro cycling here in the US.

I think that the X10 is even better than my X100 or new RX100 when it comes to photographing people. The skin always looks so right.
I am always puzzled why I never had the same satisfying results from the X100 ; perhaps it's down to the sensor with it's slightly restricted resolution - sort of natural softening!

colours sharpness texture looks spot on
was this processed? what was it like SOOC?

The image has not been processed. My computer crashed and I loaded the SD card directly into a computer and sent the file to my photo hosting site. (Smugmug) SOOC!

Here is another:

DSCF4676-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

I'm sorely tempted to get one as viewing the LCD in bright sunlight is a real pain on the F660EXR (must be true for most cameras without viewfinder though)

A pic I took in pano mode at Peggy's Cove, Nova Scotia a few weeks ago. Unfortunately I didn't realize that the horizontal panos were only 1080 pixels high, in retrospect, I should have shot the pano with the camera in portrait orientation. Live and learn, I guess.

9041329127_40acb44376.jpg

Lighthouse at Peggy's Cove by steven_h_ng, on Flickr

A vertical pano from the same day:

9041618195_60889dd75f.jpg

Couple at Peggy's Cove by steven_h_ng, on Flickr

And finally, I was messing around with the addictive tilt-shift filter on the X10 at the Halifax Public Gardens:

9041835875_4e40cedf3d.jpg

Benches by steven_h_ng, on Flickr

Back