Fuji Fuji X10 Sample Images

Oh, right - well, no one posted on it so I deleted it. It appears that this thread is functioning as the treasury for X10 photographs - so please add yours here, too, Armando!(y)

To keep the thread alive...
Few more from this morning mainly in EXR auto mode taken at Tatton , Cheshire.
We're having one of the most colourful autumns for years.
The Las Vegas bound 747 is cropped by about half ( my token action shot ).

DSCF0244.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

DSCF0253.jpg

DSCF0250.jpg

DSCF0257.jpg

DSCF0273.jpg

DSCF0263.jpg

DSCF0302.jpg

SPOT THE BLOB ON THE 747...ISO 100

You are having fantastic weather and colors! That pear photo is quite spectacular...singling it out because it sure seems like a great example of what the camera can do at close ranges.:bravo-009:

I always take my new cameras to Tatton and photograph either a pear or an apple in the same way.
Not since my Leica X1 have I seen the image "pop" like this.
This year similar shots with my Sony A55 CZ 16-80 , Lumix LX5 and G3 14-45 lens seem flat.

Wow - those droplets almost look like ice crystals - beautiful deep color, and I the macro mode (I'm assuming) is stunning!

P.S. Inquiring minds need to know - did you use the EXR via the M size setting or ?????

I've had the camera for a couple of days now (a review copy from B&H for this very site), but it has mostly been rainy here and all of the fall leaves are pretty much gone. Still, here are a couple - the first a quick snap during a pit stop at a gas station (shot in "Velvia" simulation) and the second of a frosted rose from our front yard this morning (in "Provia" simulation).

6348848864_07d1020bba_b.jpg

6360441127_8920878701_b.jpg

Wow - those droplets almost look like ice crystals - beautiful deep color, and I the macro mode (I'm assuming) is stunning!

P.S. Inquiring minds need to know - did you use the EXR via the M size setting or ?????

I think this was aperture priority and std macro mode. With a bit of tweaking in Colr Efex Pro and Silver Efex Pro (yes I used SEP in this one!!!) I think it has come out OK.

Thanks for your feedback, Andy.(y)

This thread is becoming more dangerous all the time - I am so impressed by the out of the camera pictures with this camera.

Jeff, I looked in more deeply via Flickr, as well.

Can you tell us at what resolution you took these two - M, L? Did you let the camera do its thing with the dynamic range and the EXR or ? I'm trying to get a feel for how the X10 does these things. Both photos show very good color. The frosted rose is truly lovely. Macro mode? The shallow depth of field shows up beautifully, as well.

Thanks for these and I look forward to more, as well as to your impressions down the line.

This is straight L size. I've only had the camera a couple of days and haven't had much opportunity to test it yet. So far I have to say that I am really impressed with the build quality of the camera and that the sensor seems to be really good. The menu system is getting in my way some as I don't find it particularly intuitive and as there are so many options. I'm not one to spend much time with camera manuals, but I have spent time with this one trying to sort out which options can be selected at the same time, but I am finding the manual to be of little help. So I am going to say that this one that has to be mastered on its on.

OK, having concluded that the 6mp (M resolution) images from this camera are waaaay more than good enough for a 12x18 print, now I'm playing around with shooting at 6mp all the time and letting the EXR functions work their magic pretty much permanently. I experimented with the PASM modes, just setting the ISO to Auto-1600 and the DR to Auto (knowing it'll go as high as 400 if it feels the need). And I did a handful of back to back shots using these settings and then tossing it into EXR on the mode dial, either with SN or DR priority. And using this approach with the PASM modes, it was hitting just about the identical spots as far as ISO and DR and they seemed to be the RIGHT ones too. But using the PASM modes, I can maintain control of the aperture and shutter speed, which are the two main variables left to mess with if you're willing to trust the camera to handle the ISO. So I went to the farmer's market this morning and took some shots using this "manual EXR" mode, for lack of a better term, and I'm more than happy with the results. These were in lighting situations where I'm sure the camera needed no help - full resolution with NONE of the EXR tricks would have been fine. But the half resolution with the EXR free to do its thing didn't seem to HURT anything. And that means its always available to help when it needs to. Not a bad deal at all. Just think of it as a really awesome 6mp camera!

Here are three from this morning - beautiful and finally kind of cold. Everyone out getting their ingredients together for Thanksgiving:

View attachment 44626

View attachment 44627

And lining up to get our birds from the grass fed meat farmer - the line was very long but 28mm is only sooo wide...

View attachment 44628

I love those big bad bold Velvia colors. Even if nobody else does!

-Ray

Back