Fuji Fuji X10 Sample Images

Are you finding the x10 to be a little soft in the image output?
]

I think so too. The EXR sensor can't match a normal array like that on the LX5 so resolution is lower even though the optics are very good.
The images sharpen well using Silkypix or Lightroom but my favourite software which I've used for years and IMHO has never been bettered is Focus Magic.
FM is an old 32 bit program from New Zealand but I have it running well 64 bits as a standalone and plug-in for Photoshop Elements

I just realized that I always shot ISO 200 on my d70 and used fill flash. Most of the time the x10 ISO's can range from 400 to 3200. I did not use a fill flash in this picture. It was ambient light from the windows nearby. That could be an explanation to why I am seeing some softness. I will shoot some family pictures at iso100 with fill flash to see if this improves a little.

I am simply amazed at this camera's capabilities. I just turned the dial to EXR and yelled smile without any composition or thought to taking a photo. I find the result impressive. See the pic of my wife and oldest son below. I do have a question. I find myself having to sharpen my photos quite a bit in Lightroom to get them to pop a little. I will usually bump sharpening 30-50 to get the image a little sharper. I guess I am used to my D70 larger sensor. Even in this photo, I would like the eyes to be a bit sharper than they are. Are you finding the x10 to be a little soft in the image output?

I believe if you use EXR, the photos tend to be a little bit softer. If you shoot L sized JPGs, they turn out a little bit sharper. You can also bump up the sharpness setting, which makes a difference.

Also try the "pro focus" under the advanced mode (on the dial). It sharpens up the subject while artificially creating a more blurred background. The level of blurriness is user adjustable. Just keep in mind that it onl works if there's some separation between the subject and the background. The "pro focus" wouldn't work on the photo of your wife and son, because the background is too close to them.

Looking good, David!

I've just posted this elsewhere but figured, why the heck not post in here, too.

6597090053_8827a363f8_b.jpg

These are really great to see. I know you're using attachments...but you may end up not having any room to attach anymore, I'm not 100% how that works on the site.

Right now, I'm sticking to jpegs. Never thought I'd say that but so far with this camera I can still do so much with them if I want to.

You know, Steve, seeing these altogether is a little like looking at a quilt.:D I mean that in a good way. Normally, I'd find it overwhelming, but I don't. Nevertheless, one really should click on each one to appreciate it on its own. I'm going to work on you to entice you over to using something like Flickr so we can have them on here in their very worthwhile larger glories.;)

That polar bear one is quite something! I really like that cross with what looks like a shooting blind?? I have to take more time with them all.

nippa, I'm sorry, I'd missed yours when I came on to the thread. Those are such lovely pastels - is that in Astia? I haven't tried anything out...just use the standard and then do my color thing in post processing. I should really try it out in the camera. This would be a beautiful print.

Oh no, don't be deleting them Steve!

Listen here is a very easy way for you, until you're seduced into Flickr:D - it is easy...try the gallery. You can create your own personal album and then use it to insert the photos into the threads. Check out the "how to" here. I think you'll find it is explained very well. I just export the images to my desktop and then upload...as I am now for the Single in July. Normally I use Flickr and embed: https://www.photographerslounge.org/f17/how-post-images-forum-threads-45/ - that thread also talks about using the gallery a little bit, too.

I have some learning to do. These images are awesome. I am getting inspired. I wish I had the creativity to "see" things in a different light. Most of my stuff is family and macro. I think I need a crash course in abstract and creative fields of photography.

these are the ones I did not post in the Single in Jan gallery all shot today with the X10, Silver Efex processed
View attachment 47166

View attachment 47167

View attachment 47168

View attachment 47169

View attachment 47170

Back