Fuji Fuji X10 Sample Images

DSCF0426-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
Run that little guy through the laundry once and you won't have to worry about combing his hair! :D

-Ray

Yes, Bob - all your B&Ws are strong and I like the grittiness/graininess in your first very much, but my heart belongs to that last one. Love the reflection of the wooden blinds in the windshield ! It does have a kind of riveted reptilian look to me...almost as though it is sticking it's tongue out at us, or just thinking.

dbarnett, your son is darling - though he might not like that description...or maybe he's still young enough not to care? The image quality you've achieved out of the camera is excellent. May I ask if you're shooting Large and Fine with everything set to standard or what? Ray's comment did make me laugh! I think your son looks perfect just the way he is - no need for brushing!:)

X10 at f2 and ISO 100. No exposure compensation. The X10 handled the backlighting on its own.

Sunrise_Smoke.jpg

Wow! Dan you slipped that in when I wasn't looking! Very impressive - love the delicate wafts of smoke... And so much for the dreaded "white orbs" on this one, eh? Nary a one.

I'd be very interested to know how you've set up your X10, Dan - when you have the time?

many thanks for posting all these x10 shots. the more i think about it, the more i am convinced that the x10 will be my next camera. there seems to be a balance on this camera that you cannot find on other bodies. best of both worlds it seems, DSLR combined to compacts. DR looks very very decent. i don't know about the white orbs issues, but for now i don't think it's going to prevent me from buying it.
being an m9 shooter since september, my x1 with accessories is staying on the shelves. i think the x10 is going to be a great complementary replacement.

sparth, I have no doubt that you'll enjoy this camera very much. As for your photographs, I think you'd do beautifully with a pinhole camera - you've got a superb eye, and clearly know what you're doing with any of the cameras you've chosen to use. Please report back, if you do end up with the X10 because I know we'd love to see what you do with it.:drinks:

Here are a couple more from me...might as well spread them around, right? I don't think I've posted them elsewhere on the site...but can't swear to it.

While walking on New Year's Day morning.

6614887197_3662187673_b.jpg

While out walking our dog yesterday.

6630755053_76390d80f0_z.jpg

I've been adding some to other image threads, as well as the SIJ since it's my camera of choice for that challenge.

I wanted to experiment with a 30 second exposure in manual mode. Shot was taken on January 5, 2012 at 9:32PM. There was some moon light and a neighbors porch light across the street that appears in the photo. A slight wind softened most of my shots but this was the pic of the litter. I did bump up the exposure a little and corrected white balance. It was much darker than what the image shows. I couldn't see the rose bush in the EVF until I pushed the shutter button half way. No flash used. Camera was on a tripod. BTW, the camera has a digital built in level, which blew me away. What will they think of next.... :) I know the photo is not a masterpiece, but it does show the sensor's capabilities on long exposures.

DSCF0465-XL.jpg

So thrilled with the X10

The X10 is exactly what I've been waiting for. I have a big 'ol 5DII + Sigma 85/1.4 and a few other fast primes I use for portraiture, but the X10 is the perfect walkaround/travel camera for me. I'm amazed at the results I'm getting with it, and the lens is phenomenal. Incredible to get blurred backgrounds with a small camera like this.

6649307321_8805f51274_b.jpg

This X10 appears to be a fabulous portrait camera ; the skin tones look so right to me.
In recent years using Lumix cameras ( even with my G3 ) skin tones were always a challemge.

The X10 is exactly what I've been waiting for. I have a big 'ol 5DII + Sigma 85/1.4 and a few other fast primes I use for portraiture, but the X10 is the perfect walkaround/travel camera for me. I'm amazed at the results I'm getting with it, and the lens is phenomenal. Incredible to get blurred backgrounds with a small camera like this.

6649307321_8805f51274_b.jpg

Darling and what a perfectly beautiful picture!

Has anyone mentioned how good the X10's flash is? It's the first built-in flash unit I've seen that doesn't white out the subject's faces! I really don't like using flash, but this thing's made me reconsider my stand. :D

Here's a sample:

Without flash
DSCF3426.jpg

With flash
DSCF3427.jpg

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

Here are also some additional shots taken while we took a short trip to Atlantic City in New Jersey:

View attachment 47566

View attachment 47567

6669170439_8949ee0641_b.jpg

(The white thingy on the upper left is, sadly, a reflection I just can't get rid of.)
View attachment 47569

Some night shots:

6669169789_51eb19dd09_b.jpg

6669169457_a7dc426337_b.jpg

What were your settings for the night shots at Trump Taj Mahal? Was this EXR auto? Stunning to say the least. I have an upcoming trip to Disneyland at the end of January and I would love to get results like this. Thanks for sharing.

Back