Fuji Fuji X10 Sample Images

What were your settings for the night shots at Trump Taj Mahal? Was this EXR auto? Stunning to say the least. I have an upcoming trip to Disneyland at the end of January and I would love to get results like this. Thanks for sharing.

It looks like I used A or P mode for that shot. However, I was surprised this was the case -- the EXR Auto does the job very well that I usually find myself using it more than the other modes. :)

Has anyone mentioned how good the X10's flash is? It's the first built-in flash unit I've seen that doesn't white out the subject's faces! I really don't like using flash, but this thing's made me reconsider my stand. :D
I don't think I'd mentioned it, but I agree completely. I used the flash on both the X10 and X100 quite a bit one evening over the holidays and both were good but I actually liked the results from the X10 better. I generally don't like using flash, but everyone in the room was OK with me using it a fair bit that evening, and a little extra light really does come in handy sometimes! Here's one example...

View attachment 47623

-Ray

Here's one from our recent WDW trip. 'More play over on this thread. ;) Shot was done with the X10 in Adv. Pro Focus mode. ISO400 f3.6. This time it worked. I wish I knew what parameters the camera is looking for for this effect to work. It appears not to be just focused subject to background distance. ISO400 processed in LR.
View attachment 47624
. . . David

From my use of the mode, I believe the X10 also looks for color contrast between the main subject and background. However, your photo may dispel my belief!

One under-appreciated aspect of the x-10 (or at least undermentioned) is the lens. I have a preference for sharp photos, and this little fast zoom is keeping me happy. I wonder how big and expensive a 28-112 (equivalent) f 2 -2.8 lens would be for an SLR?

One under-appreciated aspect of the x-10 (or at least undermentioned) is the lens. I have a preference for sharp photos, and this little fast zoom is keeping me happy. I wonder how big and expensive a 28-112 (equivalent) f 2 -2.8 lens would be for an SLR?

The only zoom lens that I even know of that has f2 is the Oly 14-35. Big ol' hunking chunk of glass for $2300. It is a constant f2 throughout the entire focal length, 28-70mm EFL. Weatherproof with the SWD motor. Too bad the 4/3 is dying system. No state of the art bodies to use tons of nice glass.

I thought I would show a before and after post processing with Lightroom.

OOC

DSCF0532-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Up the blacks and increased saturation.

DSCF0532-XL.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

It is a picture of a wall at the Rady Children's Hospital in San Diego that is illuminated by multicolored lights on a timer. I took the picture when the wall became blue. Here are some other photos of the general area on my Smugmug site. If you look at the second page of the album, I have some post processed pictures that you can compare on the first page of the album. The blue wall was next to the photo of the swimming school of fish in the album to give you a better idea.

Jake's Oral Surgery at Rady's Children Hospital - Dan's Photography | SmugMug

Haha. I found a news video that has the wall illuminated by a red light. You can see it in the background.

KUSI.com - KUSI News - San Diego CA - News, Weather, PPR - Video Landing Page

A few OOC JPEG samples, no post processing whatsoever, loaded directly to Flickr:

View attachment 48045
Size L, ISO 400/DR400, Astia, 7.1mm, f2.0, 1/50s, AWB, -0.3EV

View attachment 48046
Size L, ISO 800/DR400, Astia, 28.4mm, f2.8, 1/28s, AWB, -0.3EV

View attachment 48047
Size L, ISO 400/DR400, Astia, 7.1mm, f2.0, 1/42s, AWB, -0.3EV, fill-in flash

View attachment 48048
Size L, ISO 400/DR400, Astia, 7.1mm, f2.0, 1/120s, AWB, -0.3EV, fill-in flash

View attachment 48049
Size L, ISO 400/DR100, Astia, 28.4mm, f2.8, 1/56s, AWB, -0.3EV, fill-in flash

These are beautiful, flysurfer and you surely know how to work your camera! Lovely photographs of these children - there's something about that first group shot that makes me feel so happy. I think it has to be all their wonderful smiling faces. Great colors and details...and perfect subjects for your X10.

These are beautiful, flysurfer and you surely know how to work your camera! Lovely photographs of these children - there's something about that first group shot that makes me feel so happy. I think it has to be all their wonderful smiling faces. Great colors and details...and perfect subjects for your X10.

Indeed, REALLY nice work...

-Ray

Back