Fuji Fuji X100 does Macro

These are great Kev! Love the staged portrait look....have a vision of a series of these across a wall. Beautiful! Thanks so much for sharing.

Thank you! Actually, a wall display was the reason for theses shots. lol There is one other, a day lily to complete the trio.

Thank you! Actually, a wall display was the reason for theses shots. lol There is one other, a day lily to complete the trio.

Sorry mate I wasn't able to locate the third of this set. Can I ask for an upload or link please?....for the sake of closure of course (y)

p766929754-3.jpg

The Fuji doing flowers again. These one's aren't cultivated in the yard, but growing wild on the block. For those into flowers, these are an Aussie native known as Hardenbergia. A welcome sight to remind us that Spring has come...

View attachment 41253
Wild Hardenbergia by stillshunter, on Flickr

Here's some more wild vegetation. Not so welcome as they are a weed around our spring....but pretty impressive as a group or even one considered alone with the setting sun.

6139310987_63499c7a80_b.jpg

Sunsetting by stillshunter, on Flickr

Fantastic!! Such lovely subtle colors and your focus is perfect - superb, actually!

Can't wait to see more, Elizabeth!:friends:

And, Christina, I find your geraniums beautiful just as they are with their hot pink highlights and that sumptuous "bokeh" background - and those white (roof lines?) give the image a super extra added zing! Well done!

Elizabeth, I know that you have at least one more macro image. Hint, hint.:D

I haven't done enough with the macro mode to understand its finer points but I have been impressed with many people's pictures - as I am with yours. Please, consider adding that other one - and more.:hail:

After getting the EPM1, returning the EPM1, considering getting the EP3, and then not, and then thinking about the NEX5n, etc, etc, I played with the X100 tonight, and was wow'd by its IQ (once again). Like some other thread was discussing, the X100 has got something special about it.

Took some photos of a bouquet of flowers that I gifted to my significant other. Used the macro function, shot in JPG, and very slight PP via iPhoto, some cropping and reduced to 1024 pixels. I used a tripod as I wanted to keep the X100 in low ISO, and I was inside the house with poor lighting. So the exposures were 1 or 2 seconds.

21.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1.jpg
Join to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Wowzer, Armando - flowers for your "significant other" - and with little gourds or tomatoes(?)!! You know, we are on a need to know basis around here.:D See, that Fuji is quite versatile! :drinks:

Elizabeth, thank you so much for adding your Hydrangea here - everyone really needs to click on it and see it in its full glory. Talk about colors and "bokeh" - it's a bouquet!:flowers_2:

I like this,* ntrolls, and do believe it was in Macro mode.

Have you noticed a difference in close focussing since you updated the firmware? I have to make some time and really see what I think. Some say that they don't need to switch to macro mode anymore...but I don't know. Great example of a wide open shot - merci beaucoup, indeed!

Back