Fuji Fuji X100 in TV

Armanius

Bring Jack back!
Name
Jack
I've seen the Fuji X100 twice on TV here in the US. The X100 shows up on an AT&T commercial, where this artsy looking bloke uses the X100, and then has the camera next to him on a table top, while he's doing his artsy stuff.

Yesterday, the Fuji X100 showed up as a prop in the Travel Channel show "Mysteries at the Museum." The Fuji X100 was used by the actor who was taking photographs of a crime scene. The funny thing is that the scene being recreated in the TV show was for a crime that took place in 1959. So I am guessing that the producers of the show were too lazy to go find a real circa 1959 camera, and figured that the X100 was "retro" enough.

The production of Mysteries at the Museum, and other Travel Channel shows must be either low budget, or they just don't pay attention to historical accuracy. On a different episode, American soldiers in World War 1 were portrayed wearing German World War 2 stormtrooper helmets.

regardless of budget, i've noticed they often times use what's handily available especially on commercials. in the past when i've worked behind the scenes on commercials (dp being philippe rousselot) and the few times changes needed to be made (and to keep on schedule), we'd quickly use props from people that were part of production.

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

There was also an advertisement that aired in the US during the Olympics that featured an X20 with the lens in the shape of a heart. It was for an insurance company if I remember correctly, but I don't remember which one

i've seen some fashion ads where the female model was awkwardly holding an x100.

that guy of catfish (short film and tv series) has like an m9. he seems to carry his all over as well. on the show, red carpet, etc.

bradley cooper was in two movies where he had like an m9, or at least they were leica.

the last time i was going through security check at the airport, one of the tsa personnel told me, "cool point and shoot". it was my x-t1 with the pancake. lol

(Sent from another Galaxy via Tapatalk.)

Back