Fuji X100F for $799

Biro

Hall of Famer
Name
Steve
Adorama has a few leftover Fuji X100F's in silver for $799. That's brand-new with full factory warranty. If you've been thinking about an X100 and having the revised lens on the X100V (which costs $1399) isn't that important to you, then this is a great deal.

Very tempting. It is such a great camera. But I already have Nikon, Leica, and Olympus. Although Fuji and Sony are highly respected and popular, I have drawn the line. At least for now....

I keep wondering whether the X100F at $799 is better than an X100V at $1399. Certainly a better value but the V has a number of substantive improvements. I wonder whether I - or most of us - would miss those.
I think the AF is going to be the biggest noticeable difference. But I don't know if it's the huge difference like between the X-Pro2 and X-T3. @Lou Tingle has both the F and V and could tell which is the better value for the money. Or if the differences are worth the price difference.

The big improvement is the lens and, if you need it, the WR. I also like the flip screen, as I often shoot low or high angles for perspective. I like close focus sometimes and the lens on the V is leagues better than the old lens. I like the results of the new sensor, but that is a matter of taste.

Last edited:
I keep wondering whether the X100F at $799 is better than an X100V at $1399. Certainly a better value but the V has a number of substantive improvements. I wonder whether I - or most of us - would miss those.
I purchased an X100V in May only because we got the $1200 stimulus checks and there was nothing else that I was interested in. It took me weeks to really put away the X100F and shoot only with the X100V. Now I can tell you that unless you must have a flippy screen and a new film simulation, stay with the X100F. There is hardly a difference you will notice between lenses. Yes, images from the X100F at below F/2.8 are definitely softer for macro shots, but really, do you shoot macro with an X100 below F/2.8? Besides, at portrait distances, the wide-open softness is slight and can be considered a plus. There are two reasons I can justify the X100V for. I'm old, have a bad back plus arthritis so I do use the flippy screen but not very often. I had a NIB X100F that was purchased at a great price as a backup so I wound up giving that to Bobby as a thankyou for things he has helped me with.