Fuji X100s images

Iansky

All-Pro
I thought I would share some of the B&W images taken with my new X100s.

I do think IQ is better than the superb X100, not a huge difference but noticeable.

Attachments

• Hands and feet.jpg
    Hands and feet.jpg
    247.2 KB · Views: 519
  • Coffee break SFX.jpg
    Coffee break SFX.jpg
    216.7 KB · Views: 467
  • Girly chat.jpg
    Girly chat.jpg
    285.7 KB · Views: 476
  • Reading.jpg
    Reading.jpg
    275.1 KB · Views: 454
  • The age gap.jpg
    The age gap.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 468
  • The memorial.jpg
    The memorial.jpg
    244.7 KB · Views: 461
  • Tones and lines.jpg
    Tones and lines.jpg
    200.9 KB · Views: 456
  • Beechwood.jpg
    Beechwood.jpg
    239.3 KB · Views: 459
I see your B&W is as good, probably better, than what you were doing on M4/3.

Still shooting on M4/3 and the PanaLeica 25mm f1.4 is still one of the best lenses I have used for street, I will continue to shoot with that lens and my M4/3 kit but will probably favour the X100s more for street work.

From a personal point of view, the street images I get from the M4/3 I am very pleased with and the IQ from the EM1 is fantastic and matches many APS-C sensors for quality (Fuji have upped their game to the point that the sensor in the X100s can match many full frame sensors as clearly stated in many articles).

I consider myself incredibly lucky in having both formats (traded kit in to alleviate up front costs) but they are different animals.

The Fuji does (as did the X100 I owned) remind me of my days as a PJ when I always carried a Leica M (analogue) with 35mm lens for those occasions where we needed to shoot silently and the black X100s has that tone, touch, feel reminiscent of the M analogues with tactile aperture / shutter speed dials and is what the current Leica M digitals should have been (alas after owing the M8.2 and having one problem after another and poor IQ above 800ISO, I parted company with Leica - for good).

Thanks for the update and input on the X100s. I bought a X20 as a small portable camera for my business trips. I love the images I get from that camera and I'm considering both x100s and the X 1-Pro. I used Leica (M3 & M6) in the past but have sold all to jump into digital. I also have a Canon 60D, but for some reason I'm not connecting with this large monster.

Thanks for the update and input on the X100s. I bought a X20 as a small portable camera for my business trips. I love the images I get from that camera and I'm considering both x100s and the X 1-Pro. I used Leica (M3 & M6) in the past but have sold all to jump into digital. I also have a Canon 60D, but for some reason I'm not connecting with this large monster.

Two great choices there and the X Pro-1 has come down a lot in price since it launched (We are probably due to see a replacement soon), the X100s has the same sensor as the X Pro-1 with a few tweaks so can produce images that match in quality, the choice very much depends on your satisfaction with a fixed lens versus your need for interchangeable lenses.

For me it was a "No brainer", I have the other format and a brace of lenses so it was a case of upgrading my older X100 for the X100s and I am glad I did, the differences are subtle on the external body with button changes but a lot of new things going on inside all helping deliver images that are better than those I got from my X100 but not by a huge amount (difficult to improve IQ from the already superb X100 sensor), for me the huge improvement in start up time / AF speed & accuracy / buffer space all made my choice easy.........plus getting a black version for the same cost as the silver!

Well I decided on the X- Pro-1 and it should be here Friday.....just felt I need the interchangeable lens option, Thanks!

I am sure you will be delighted with your choice as it is a superb camera and one I pondered over but ruled out in favour of EM1 as I have a good comliment of Oly lenses.

Looking forward to seeing some of your images with the new camera and hope you got the deal with lenses being part of it.

Enjoy and shoot.

Thanks Adam,

I am still shooting in Raw and use Silver Efex Pro for all my B&W conversion as I personally find it the best software for delivering the end results I like.

Ian, new to this forum, but not to what X-series cameras can do with black and white (I shoot with an X-Pro1).

Your work is just beautiful, your experience as a PJ really shows through. Thanks for the images.

Cheers,
Stephen

Back