Fuji 'Fuji X100S Review - A Camera Walks Into a Bar' at ZackArias.com

Amin

Hall of Famer
There’s a distinguished looking ol’ fellow sitting at the bar. He has silver hair and laugh lines around his eyes. He’s well dressed. Well groomed. Well traveled. You can tell he’s seen a lot in his time. His classic Morgan is parked outside. There’s a pretty young girl on his arm listening to his stories of being a globe trotting documentary photographer. He sips his 50 year old Chivas Regal. His name is Leica. Yeah, he’s the world’s most interesting man.

In the corner we have Olympus, Panasonic, and Sony. They’re in a heated debate about Dungeons & Dragons or something...

READ ON at ZackArias.com (Really a great review)

The real issue is that Zack is an amazing photographer. His command of composition and lighting is simply superb. I think that he can outshoot many others after drinking a dozen bottles of his favorite microbrew. Have you guys seen him do the photo critiques on YouTube or Kelby training? He knows his stuff.

That being said, if he has good things to say about certain equipment, that speaks volumes for the quality, but doesn't guarantee that we can achieve the same results. That Shakespeare guy was pretty good too, but it really was his pen that wrote his complete works. I wish I had that pen.:p

The real issue is that Zack is an amazing photographer. His command of composition and lighting is simply superb. I think that he can outshoot many others after drinking a dozen bottles of his favorite microbrew. Have you guys seen him do the photo critiques on YouTube or Kelby training? He knows his stuff.

That being said, if he has good things to say about certain equipment, that speaks volumes for the quality, but doesn't guarantee that we can achieve the same results. That Shakespeare guy was pretty good too, but it really was his pen that wrote his complete works. I wish I had that pen.:p

100% true... my way of looking at it is once I know the gear is capable of a certain caliber of work, I've eliminated all excuses or obstacles except me from the equation :D

I enjoy Steve's videos, but there is a major difference between him, Zack and David Hobby.

The later two produce photographs that I appreciate and often wish I was capable of doing myself. I aspire to produce some images that either would appreciate.

Steve's vids are better than an unboxing but not on the same level. (That Nikon Guy) Matt Grainger (IMHO) is much better and has lots of information. Kai at DigitalRev is funny, but is also capable of getting some decent captures.

Anyone else found any interesting YouTube channels that are really worthy of viewing?

I enjoy Steve's videos, but there is a major difference between him, Zack and David Hobby.

The later two produce photographs that I appreciate and often wish I was capable of doing myself. I aspire to produce some images that either would appreciate.

I agree in general with your assessment, however, in this case I actually found Steve's photographs with the X100S to be surprisingly good (apart from the easter basket and airplane cabin photos)

Back