Fuji Fuji X20 Giveaway at FujiXspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amin

Hall of Famer
910169.jpg

FujiXspot.com is giving away a Fuji X20

With the new launch of FujiXspot.com, our goal is to build a strong user group of Fuji X photographers where we can all benefit from interacting with one another on a site dedicated to the Fuji X system. Eventually, we'd like to have the kind of active, friendly site for Fuji X photographers that we were able to build for Micro 4/3 photographers and Sony NEX photographers at Mu-43.com and TalkNEX.com, respectively.

To add a fun element to the hard work of launching this new site, we've decided to give away a Fuji X20 to a randomly-selected member who has contributed some value to the new forums.

Here's what you need to do to enter our Fuji X20 giveaway:
  1. Register as a member. Click here to register.
  2. Start at least one discussion thread. You can do this by choosing an appropriate forum from our Forum Index and clicking on the "Post New Thread" button. The post with which you start the thread must be relevant and contribute some value to the forum. Examples: Tell us what you hope to see from the Fuji X system, your impressions of a particular camera or lens, some of your thoughts on photography, or start an image thread with a particular theme and invite others to participate.

On March 15, 2013, we will randomly select one member who has fulfilled the above requirements as the winner of a new Fuji X20. The contest is open to members worldwide*. Existing members who have completed the steps above are eligible to win and do not need to repeat those steps in order to enter the contest.

*In order to be eligible to win, you must be 18 years or older and reside in a country where this type of sweepstakes is legal. Posts made in the forum must be in the English language. Anyone who registers and posts under more than one user name on the site will be disqualified.

I'm hoping that our early members here at FujiXspot.com will help to create a special home here for Fuji X users. You can help by actively posting in the forums and by helping to get the word out about this new site. Nothing works better than a personal invitation to someone whom you know would be a great member. Letting people in your Facebook, Twitter, blog following, Flickr groups, and G+ circles know that you're here is another great way to spread the word.

I don't use Facebook or Twitter, only Flickr.
I'm hoping to see a new upgrade to the X-Line in the form of an X-Pro2, which should have the new sensor fitted to the X-100s giving improvements in auto-focus speeds, and more accurate forcing too. Also, the new improved EVF would help too. The future range of lenses look very exciting but I have to ask, how can I afford the next addition to my selection of lenses.
Looking forward to the forum growing in the future with members and contributions from them.

Great decision not to use farcebook - I am very excited about this forum and even more so with an opening gambit offering a chance to win an X20......................fingers, toes, legs and eyes all crossed - bugger, just fell over!

How exciting!

And thanks, with many others, for not making us go to facebook. I joined once, a long time ago, at my great-nephews insistance, and quit when they downloaded my entire Outlook Express address book to my facebook account without asking. Yes, I know (now) about "opting-out", but I thought it was a serious overreach and a breach of anything that would cause me to trust the place, and I have avoided it ever since.

Not just Facebook, but Instagram

Just as an aside to the Facebook comments, Instagram (bought by Facebook for a reported $750m) took the right from 16 Jan 2013 to share any photos posted by its users with whoever it chooses, mainly its commercial partners. Using GPS tagging and face recognition allow it to offer very specific search criteria to these partners. If you post a picture of you and your family enjoying a beach holiday in Somewhere, it may end up advertising Hotel Something in the same resort! There's no such thing a free photo lunch, and I would rather pay a fee to e.g Flickr and hopefully buy some customer safeguards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back