Fuji Fuji X20 Giveaway at FujiXspot.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
I VERY VERY much doubt a new member is going to win this camera since all previous members are in the draw also. I think the more threads one has started, the better the chance of being one of the 'random' winners. A new member like me probably doesn't have a chance, but I live in hope. No harm dreaming...

the more threads one has started, the better the chance of being one of the 'random' winners.

And here I've been studiously avoiding starting any new threads after my first, trying to avoid cluttering up the place. Sigh. The dangers of trying not to muck up the Commons.

I VERY VERY much doubt a new member is going to win this camera since all previous members are in the draw also. I think the more threads one has started, the better the chance of being one of the 'random' winners. A new member like me probably doesn't have a chance, but I live in hope. No harm dreaming...

And here I've been studiously avoiding starting any new threads after my first, trying to avoid cluttering up the place. Sigh. The dangers of trying not to muck up the Commons.

William, what donal said is absolutely untrue. The member will be randomly selected with absolutely no influence of who has posted a lot or a little.

Tomorrow I will look at the total # of registered members. Say for example that the contest were to end right now, that number would be 618. I would then use the random number generator at RANDOM.ORG - True Random Number Service to select a number between 1 and 618. Whatever that number is would correspond to a member. For example, if that # were 616, I would type https://www.fujixspot.com/member.php?616 into my browser, and donal would come up. I would then check to see if that member had fulfilled the contest criteria, and if so, he or she would win the prize.

This random.org method is the same way I've chosen winners of all of our similar giveaways on other sites. See for example the randomly selected winner of our E-PL2 giveaway at Mu-43.com. That was someone who had a grand total of 1 post on that site and hasn't posted a single time since winning (except for 1 more post to say thank you). The randomly selected winner of our Retrospective 5 giveaway also had a grand total of 1 post prior to winning and 3 after that. The randomly selected winner of our NEX-5N giveaway at TalkNEX.com was Phoenix, who happened to have posted a lot there and ultimately became a moderator here, but before anyone jumps to the conclusion that was rigged, you should know that Phoenix declined the prize and had me give it to someone else instead! I don't even remember who that was, but it was announced on the site as well.

Yep! No strings attached other than being a member with at least 1 thread created. Amin's generous to a fault that way... it helps him live vicariously since he's sworn off buying any new cameras for 2013. At least someone else can enjoy a shiny new toy on his behalf this way :D

Yep! No strings attached other than being a member with at least 1 thread created. Amin's generous to a fault that way... it helps him live vicariously since he's sworn off buying any new cameras for 2013. At least someone else can enjoy a shiny new toy on his behalf this way :D

Don't remind me of that resolution. I've already broken it twice this year! :blush:

But I really do mean it now, though. Definitely no more cameras in 2013... unless my wife surprises me with one. Take my word - that's really unlikely to happen!

Don't remind me of that resolution. I've already broken it twice this year! :blush:

But I really do mean it now, though. Definitely no more cameras in 2013... unless my wife surprises me with one. Take my word - that's really unlikely to happen!

Hehehehe I saw your Leica thread on SeriousCompacts, I was mostly ribbing you :-D

I'll give you credit for even trying... I know myself too well to even pretend I'd make it through 2013, hahaha.

Apologies for jumping to conclusions Amin. I take back everything I said, it seems much fairer the way the prize is decided using your method. I have probably Jinxed myself now :crying:

The member will be randomly selected with absolutely no influence of who has posted a lot or a little.

Well, cool. I have my fingers crossed (but not much expectation--now if it were my elder daughter, the one who has my Pentax, on this site, she'd have won already :clap2:)

im sure i started a thread somewhere that was relevant.. i guess the draw is coming up pretty soon. will the winner be announced ( and envied :p) on the front page?

Okay, the contest is now over - closed to entry. We have 628 registrants, and I will now use random.org to pick a lucky winner. Results are coming soon...

Okay, the first # selected by random.org corresponded to a member who never started a thread! Time to spin the wheel again...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back