Fuji Fuji X70 First and Last Impressions (link to PL)

Well, it turns out the relationship may go on a bit longer, so if you read it and said something along the lines of "screw that guy", you might be interested in the continuing evolution...

-Ray

Ray - Hmmmm, can you elaborate a bit?
I added another post to that thread on Photo Lounge. Bottom line, I took it out again today and for a more typical morning than yesterday's semi-frenetic "testing" and wasn't bothered by the things that bothered me yesterday. Or more precisely, not AS bothered. I'm gonna take it into Philly for a day of solo-shooting, where a camera gets a good workout, and see how I feel then. If it goes well, I may yet keep it... Because there are definitely things about it I like a lot, like the flip-out screen and it's various touch functions. And Fuji files (and their color profiles in Lightroom) do have their own type of allure. I wouldn't say I like them more than the Nikon files from the Coolpix A, but I definitely like 'em differently.

-Ray

Thanks for the reply, Ray. I must admit that I "think" I'm liking the X70 but the weather and some other circumstances have forced me to shoot with the camera in some less than optimal situations. I agree with your comments regarding Fuji color profiles in Lightroom. They are pretty nice.
Attached is an all too often photographed area of our porch. The weather has kept me from getting out and about with the X70 so far. Although not a portfolio piece, ;-) the subtle colors and hues of the chimney were not expected. ISO 640, minor tweaks in LRCC.
. . . David
Froggie and Chimney (1 of 1).jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
I added another post to that thread on Photo Lounge. Bottom line, I took it out again today and for a more typical morning than yesterday's semi-frenetic "testing" and wasn't bothered by the things that bothered me yesterday. Or more precisely, not AS bothered. I'm gonna take it into Philly for a day of solo-shooting, where a camera gets a good workout, and see how I feel then. If it goes well, I may yet keep it... Because there are definitely things about it I like a lot, like the flip-out screen and it's various touch functions. And Fuji files (and their color profiles in Lightroom) do have their own type of allure. I wouldn't say I like them more than the Nikon files from the Coolpix A, but I definitely like 'em differently.

-Ray
Well, if you do decide to sell it, Ray, let me know. I've been thinking of buying one.

Back