Fuji XE-1 and XF 14/2.8 go to the American Sign Museum

Mikey

Veteran
2 years ago (before I took up photography as a hobby), I would've never set foot into a museum dedicated to a bunch of retro neon signs. Turns out it was quite the cool place to visit and take photos. So, if you're ever in Cincy, make sure you go out of your way to see it.

_DSF1744-L.jpg

_DSF1787-L.jpg

_DSF1796-L.jpg

_DSF1784-L.jpg

_DSF1798-L.jpg

_DSF1786-L.jpg

_DSF1799-L.jpg

_DSF1731-L.jpg

_DSF1785-L.jpg

Hahaha... you just made me do a double take! I *just* got back from a road trip that included the American Sign Museum and I was planning to post up my pics from the X-E1 and X100S there, but hadn't gotten around to it :tongue:

Pretty cool seeing your shots, different perspectives on some of the same signs and displays I shot. (y)

EDIT: Oh, and I completely agree, the American Sign Museum is great! Best part of our trip, definitely recommended if you're in the area.

Hehe..Sorry to beat you to it. Oh and thanks btw. Feel free to post your shots here -- I'd love to see your take on them especially with the normal FOV of the x100s.

Hahaha... you just made me do a double take! I *just* got back from a road trip that included the American Sign Museum and I was planning to post up my pics from the X-E1 and X100S there, but hadn't gotten around to it :tongue:

Pretty cool seeing your shots, different perspectives on some of the same signs and displays I shot. (y)

EDIT: Oh, and I completely agree, the American Sign Museum is great! Best part of our trip, definitely recommended if you're in the area.

I'll get mine posted up later in a separate thread :)

It's a fun place and we got the tour direct from Tod, the founder of the musuem so we had a really good time and learned a lot about signs. Good stuff!

I love old signs....nice to see them being preserved. i tried buying one for my store, but was outbid by a sign collector. It's a shame it'll be hanging in his garage instead of over my business, but money talks.

Great pics! Like you, I'd definitely go with the 14mm. A fast 50mm (for me the FD 50mm f1.4) would round out a combo for shooting there.

Looks like not too many people there when you were - museums can be great places to catch surreptitious pics of folks when they're mostly de-sensitized to cameras. Especially with a wide-angle like the 14mm. :cool:

Great pics! Like you, I'd definitely go with the 14mm. A fast 50mm (for me the FD 50mm f1.4) would round out a combo for shooting there.

Looks like not too many people there when you were - museums can be great places to catch surreptitious pics of folks when they're mostly de-sensitized to cameras. Especially with a wide-angle like the 14mm. :cool:

I really like that suggestion. I think I'll revisit some of the nearby museums with the goal of shooting people instead of the architecture.:) thanks a bundle!!

Back