Fuji Fuji XF 14 vs Voightlander 15 II

Well, both will give good results. The fov is approximately the same, one is adapted and mf the other native and af. You would be hard pushed to tell the difference in real world use.

Sent from another Galaxy

The fuji is awesome. The 15mm VC is not well suited to the fuji system due to the proximity of the lens to the sensor. The 15mm is a great lens, just not on a digital mirrorless. There are issues with smearing and color shifts on the edges. The rokinon 14mm would be better, although bigger. There is lots of discussion on various forums about this. I had an adapted L39 version which had these problems.

I notice focus smear only in extreme corners with Voigtlander 15mm f/4.5 SW Heliar (mine is LTM). Usable with X-E2 for most landscapes - but if you're really looking for edge-to-edge sharpness on subjects like architectural interiors, you'll want the Fuji 14mm.

Unless you already have one or find a screaming deal on the Voigtlander 15mm, I'd pick up the Fuji 14mm.

Mark Bohrer, MSEE
documentary narration & scoring

I've got both, and the Fuji 14 is sharper, especially in the corners, and less vignetting. Though the voigtlander is still pretty sharp, and a lot more compact. Still having AF is handy... So I mainly use the Fuji, and the voigtlander staying on my old film Leica.

Back