Fuji Showcase Fuji XF 23mm f/2 WR

Thank you, I really appreciate that.

My approach to composition and editing follows the K.I.S.S. ideology ground into me by my best coaches and trainers. Keep it simple, stupid. I think stupid was their term of endearment. I think :D

With candids, I look for great expression, or a great moment. Then at how the light is interacting with the subject.

So, I shoot mainly in aperture priority. Using the exposure compensation as needed. For B&W out of camera jpgs I have shadows and highlights set to +3 in Acros in the X-Pro2. And T2 when I had it. Then adjust the exposure for the look I want.

For raw, I have recently switched to Lightroom from Capture One. On import I have it apply 15 to contrast and clarity, plus my sharpening settings. I’ll do slight tweaks as needed to exposure, shadows, and highlights. Then apply a film simulation if wanted. Including acros for B&W. My personal rule for editing, if it takes longer than 5 minutes I’m fixing it instead of enhancing it. Even with landscapes. Portraits I’ll allow 10 minutes for round tripping to Affinity for skin smoothing.

Hopefully that wasn’t too long winded. If this doesn’t answer any questions anyone may have, feel free to ask them.

Back