Fuji Fuji XF 27 MkII

Except for SS + ISO dials...
True - I was talking about the aperture dial specifically. As someone who virtually lives in A mode, it's all that matters to me; besides, you can set the two top dials of the GX9 to shutter speed and ISO if you want (and have an aperture ring), and you can customise the camera to remember all set values, too. I'm not that peculiar about this myself - I always explore how well a specific cameras will work at higher ISOs, then set up Auto ISO accordingly, the rest is done via aperture control and exposure compensation. Works for me. I know many people are religious about shooting at the lowest possible ISO value, but realistically, the way I handle it, I ensure that as well. Only occasionally will I resort to full manual (especially with longer lenses on systems with no I.S.) - and in these cases (Leica, Fujifilm in my collection), the dedicated (and fully labeled!) shutter speed dial comes in extremely handy. And the lack of one is the reason I don't put the Sony A6000 in full manual - too fiddly ...

M.

If this new lens comes with a aperture ring and modern AF, at least as good as the Fujicrons, in a similarly small package as the current version, then Fuji will have a lot of new and existing owners looking to add it to their kit.

Well, my X-E2S is gone.

Still looking at this watching for the new 27 with a lot of interest.

Still holding off purchasing a current model 27 until official announcement/ specs.

:coffee-79:

edit for some clarity

Last edited:
I really can’t see Fuji releasing any new lenses without the new AF system. Video is on the mind of so many consumers and is driving body upgrades and lens purchases, so they need lenses that work with well for that function. As good as the old lenses like the 35mm 1.4 are optically, their old AF tech is a huge deterrent.

This is something Sony has done very well. Pretty much all of their lenses offer quick and near silent, internal AF. There are some budget exceptions, but even my cheap little 28mm f2 lens focus better than most of Fuji’s primes.

Well, my X-E2S is gone.

Still looking at this with a lot of interest.

Still holding off purchasing a current model until official announcement/ specs.

:coffee-79:
The new X-S10 will be announced in a little over a week. I would certainly wait to see what it looks like, especially at a supposed price of $999 and black Friday coming up on the horizon.

The new X-S10 will be announced in a little over a week. I would certainly wait to see what it looks like, especially at a supposed price of $999 and black Friday coming up on the horizon.

I was talking about the 27, I'm good on bodies.

For the DSLR-styled Fujis, even the X-Tx series are too small for my hands.

The X-H1 is barely workable for extended use. For me.

Still a bit too small, controls are small and cramped together. For me, my hands, my fingers. Only problem I have with Fuji, otherwise I really like what they've been doing.

Back