Fuji Fuji XF 35mm f1.4: Then and Now

i hope no one minds my slghtly OT question, but with which camera model(s) do you get the split screen manual focus feature?
thanks!

Greetings! I've found the Fuji
60 f/2.4 Macro to be quite sharp on an XT-1. Though being a newbie to this kit, I haven't done formal testing, other than shooting it tripod-mounted, along with the Fuji 16-55 f/2.8 zoom. Frankly, I'm amazed and impressed at how closely that zoom (at 55mm) compares to the 60 Macro, in terms of sharpness!

I find it to be completely usable now, I use it to photograph products a lot and while it's probably a smidge under the 18-55mm, it's still quick enough for me
Hi Val.
An interesting comment. Though I don't have the 18-55, I can say that the 60 Macro on an XT-1 is razor-sharp...I would think that since it's optimized for "macro" (1:2), it would be much better suited for small product photography than the 18-55, especially in terms of sharpness and close-focus ability.
image.jpg

Even on my recently acquired X-Pro 1 the 35mm is pretty good, including inside in low light, with all the latest firmware. It's not as fast as the Olympus 25mm on the E-M5, but I manage to get a lot of keepers photographing a fidgety dog under available light at night inside.

But I've never really needed blazing fast auto-focus, even if I appreciate when I do have it. If the 35mm is faster on more recent bodies, I suspect it is plenty fast.

I love it tremendously, and I know that love also helps me overlook the slightly slower AF it has, compared to the 18-55, the 27, and the 56 I have. It has to rack the glass in and out, and once in awhile it just hunts when the 18-55 almost never, ever does. It's not SLOW, it's usable and perfectly fine. But it's not as quick as the kit zoom. But the images are far nicer, so you, too may learn to ignore the slightly pokier performance.

Back