Fuji Fuji XF70-300 4-5.6

drd1135

Zen Snapshooter
Name
Steve
OK, now that all that Sony trivia is out of the way, let's get real. Anyone interested I the new 70-300 zoom? At $799, it's pretty fast for a long zoom. I guess we need to see if it's any good optically. As a friend used to say, this lens fills a much-needed gap in the lineup.

Yes, I'm surely interested. That price seems relatively reasonable if the IQ is up to par.

I'm still considering the Fringer adapter for the Nikon f-mount lenses and using my current 70-300FX lens...cheaper alternative, but it might be worth it to spring for the native mount option. I'll wait and see what the initial reviews and sample images give us.

Last edited:
I'll probably get this before the 27 since the optical formula hasn't changed on that lens. This on the other hand opens up new possibilities with WR, and compatibility with the 1.4 and 2x TCs

If I were still in the Fuji camp I would be interested. It does fill a hole most systems have options to fill, there's a big gap between the 50-230mm and 100-400mm.

I could see an X100v as a weather sealed option (and filling the small carry camera) paired with the X-S10 + 10-24 / 16-80 / 70-300 and a few primes. It would make a nice kit.

If I were still in the Fuji camp I would be interested. It does fill a hole most systems have options to fill, there's a big gap between the 50-230mm and 100-400mm.

I could see an X100v as a weather sealed option (and filling the small carry camera) paired with the X-S10 + 10-24 / 16-80 / 70-300 and a few primes. It would make a nice kit.
All I’d need is the 10-24 and the the 70-300. Which means, of course, just the 70-300 because I’m not really a WA shooter. However, I’ll probably just stick with my 50-230 because I’m really a zoo shooter. The beauty of this approach is that I already own all the remaining equipment.

Back