Fuji Fuji XT-1 - HELP with OIS

Markez79

Rookie
All/Rico,

I have the OIS setting set to 'when shooting' but can't see the symbol in the viewfinder.....am I doing something stupid or is there a fault? When I turn off OIS on my lens then the 'OIS Off' symbol does appear, but as said, it doesn't appear when OIS is turned on......

Thanks

M

All/Rico,

I have the OIS setting set to 'when shooting' but can't see the symbol in the viewfinder.....am I doing something stupid or is there a fault? When I turn off OIS on my lens then the 'OIS Off' symbol does appear, but as said, it doesn't appear when OIS is turned on......

Thanks

M

I should add that I don't see the symbol when I am focusing. I understand that it won't show all the time.

Pls let me know if I'm doing something wrong or whether there is a fault.

M

The "shaky hand" is a warning that shooting conditions exceed what the camera thinks are right for photography that isn't motion blurred. It shouldn't be on all the time. When it does come on, it's a warning.

Other cameras use that indicator as "proof" that OIS is on. I don't believe that's how our Fuji's work, but I don't have an X-T1 so maybe it's different.

Correct. The hand symbol is a warning that shutter speed is too low for a given focal length.
Set your OIS for "all time" and you will see how steady the image in a viewfinder is, that's OIS at work.

The "shaky hand" is a warning that shooting conditions exceed what the camera thinks are right for photography that isn't motion blurred. It shouldn't be on all the time. When it does come on, it's a warning.

Other cameras use that indicator as "proof" that OIS is on. I don't believe that's how our Fuji's work, but I don't have an X-T1 so maybe it's different.

Back