Fuji Showcase Fujifilm 16mm f/2.8 WR

gryphon1911

All-Pro
Real Name
Andrew
Picked this up yesterday....I think it will be a favorite in short time. Was able to hand hold the lens at night at 1/2 second!
Easily doable at 1/20th of a second. Some sample images below.

Images SOOC using a custom Panatomic X film simulation I' m working on:

Film Simulation Kodak Panatomic X

Film Simulation = Acros + Y
Sharpness = +3
Shadows = +4
Highlights = +4
Grain = Off
Noise Reduction = 0
Dynamic Range = DR100
White Balance = Auto
Color = n/a

I think the tones are a little too crunched....will probably open up the shadows and pull down the highlights some in subsequent tests. Also, Panatomic does have a bit of grain, so will probably put noise reduction on -1 as well.

Craig C

Veteran
Real Name
Craig
Great set of images.

I don't have a Fuji at the moment, but if I did, this would be high on my list. Pair this and the 35mm f2 with either the X-Pro or X-T series and you have yourself a great, small, WR kit, with fast AF.

gryphon1911

All-Pro
Real Name
Andrew
Great set of images.

I don't have a Fuji at the moment, but if I did, this would be high on my list. Pair this and the 35mm f2 with either the X-Pro or X-T series and you have yourself a great, small, WR kit, with fast AF.

Got an XPro2 on the way (should be here Tuesday), and I think the 16 may live on that for a while. I'm a fan of the 24mm FOV. I also have the Meike 35mm f/1.7, so that might be on there or the X-E3.

Well ....... it arrived this morning so I did a couple comparisons against my awesome XC 16-50 II. I was shocked by the results, but probably not what you're expecting. Testing on my X-M1, X-T1, and X-T20 pretty much showed the same differences. Only at infinity was the 16 f2.8 marginally sharper at any f-stop. :wtf:
In camera RAW processing using +3 sharpening brought the f2.8 even with my XC 16-50 at +1 sharpening!
I'm going to do more comparisons but it appears I have a very "soft" copy. :speechless:

Last edited:
Well ....... it arrived this morning so I did a couple comparisons against my awesome XC 16-50 II. I was shocked by the results, but probably not what you're expecting. Testing on my X-M1, X-T1, and X-T20 pretty much showed the same differences. Only at infinity was the 16 f2.8 marginally sharper at any f-stop. :wtf:
In camera RAW processing using +3 sharpening brought the f2.8 even with my XC 16-50 at +1 sharpening!
I'm going to do more comparisons but it appears I have a very "soft" copy. :speechless:
Recently started using this lens again and finding that other than at close distances wide open, it is producing really great images. It seems it likes a bit of underexposing so I'm making some small tweaks to a custom setting for it.
Here's a SOOC pic from a quick trip to Yosemite yesterday ...
XT201099=half.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom