Fuji Fujifilm Announces the X-T1

Already? Cool beans! Does this mean we will be seeing the XT1 hit the stores soon? :)

I hope so. I am already using a mass production camera, so let's see what firmware quirks still need fixing until it can be released to the public. With the XQ1, it took about 3-4 weeks from early mass production to release, and a friend of mine actually managed to find a firmware bug that could be fixed in that period.

Over on Fuji Rumors there is a video clip showing the shutter using burst mode. Irrespective of how good a test this is, I did notice that the camera/lens was "vibrating" whenever the shutter was activated. I'm hoping that this isn't shutter shock. Having handled the beast, can you say how you found it in that respect please?

Ian

Just been advised by my local crack dealer that first deliveries should be end Feb...

Sounds about right. I am getting new firmware today and the 10-24 hopefully tomorrow (my relation with UPS has its ups and downs), so there's more sample stuff to expect next week. Busy days. But at least it's "excitingly busy", not "annoyingly busy".

I have to say that this really does look like a really nice camera - and I note that Rico has pointed out that it is
Great for left-eyed shooters: no display smearing, right eye can remain open and scan the surroundings of the scene
. Since I am left-eyed, I almost feel a compulsion to desire this Fuji.

Looking forward to learning and seeing more from all you early adopters!

Back